Alerts not triggered/sent in SAP
- Deactivate all the alerts.
- Ensure ALL alerts have names,even the inactive alerts have to have names excluding special characters such as (*) most commonly occurs when a user tries to list all alerts but is in add mode and ends up adding an alert with the name (*).
- ALL USER ALERTS,EVEN INACTIVE, SHOULD HAVE A QUERY ATTACHED TO THEM,ANY ALERT WITHOUT A QUERY ATTACHED TO IT USUALLY AFFECTS ALL OTHER ALERTS AND CAUSES ALL ALERTS NOT TO BE TRIGGERED.ATTACH ANY QUERY TO AN INACTIVE ALERT,THIS QUERY DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE RELATED TO THE ALERT BUT SHOULD EXECUTE SUCCESSFULLY.
- Ensure that all the queries attached to the alerts in the system can be run successfully in SAP without any errors,run each query one by one.This will also help to narrow down to the alert that not being triggered due to an error in the alert query.
- Once you have discovered the particular alert,activate all the other alerts and set a frequency of between 1 to 5 minutes and confirm that all other alerts are triggered/sent.
- Ensure the queries attached to the alert return values.If the there is no data then the alert is triggered but not sent.
- Ensure one recepient of the alert is logged in at all times(manager logged on the server).This is an application error occuring in some patches on Version 9.0
Hope this helps.