Tips & Tricks using SAP BW Modeling Tools (BWMT) in Eclipse
Eclipse provides a great set of features out of the box which can be used with the SAP BW Modeling Tools.
This document summarizes the most important and most valuable tips you should be aware of and will be constantly updated!
We are also looking for your ideas, feedback and tips. Please feel free to comment or to reach out to me.
For more implementation details please also refer to this document.
- Efficient Tab Handling
- Enlarge and minimize individual tabs by double clicking:
- Drag a tab to out of the eclipse window will create an open a pop up window for the specific object:
- Configure Problems View that only active and object related messages appear (View menu -> Show) :
- More you can add a timestamp to the problem view (View menu -> Configure Columns) :
- Link BW Search with BW Repository and it will highlight the search result in the tree:
- Use BW Search to find inactive objects (either Search -> Search or via the Search Icon):
- Input Help by pressing STRG+SPACE for Search fields (possible whenever the “lamp” is shown next to the field):
- Open the History View (to see and restore previous versions, e.g. to switch from active to delivered versions
- By double click on the table entry you can open e.g. the “active” version and compare the differences
- Save the view of a perspective, this will save how you configured and positioned the different panels
- Resetting a perspecitve will restore the default layout of the perspective:
- Attach HANA System to link the BW and HANA repository. This will e.g. allow you to search and add HANA Views in a CompositeProvider
- Helpful shortcuts when working in eclipse
|Refresh active editor||F5|
|Save object||CTRL + S|
|Undo last change||CTRL + Z|
|Apply last change again||CTRL + Y|
|Create new object||CTRL + N|
|Search for BW object||CTRL + H|
|Open BW object||CTRL + Shift + D|
|Close Editor||CTRL + W|
|Check selected BW object||CTRL + F2|
|Switch between open editors||ALT + Left-Arrow|