This blog discusses about how to enable tracing for SAP BusinessObjects mobile server for troubleshooting issues with the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile App.
Errors encountered on the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile App may not always be App issues and would require further logging on the mobile server to troubleshoot and share logs for deeper analysis.
To set log levels for the Mobile server component, you need to create three environment variables in the system where Mobile Server is deployed.
- BO_TRACE_LOGDIR: Specifies the path to the folder where logs are generated.
- BO_TRACE_CONFIGFILE: Specifies the path to BO_trace.ini.
- BO_TRACE_CONFIGDIR: Specifies the path to the folder where BO_trace.ini is located.
BO_trace.ini is the configuration file where multiple log levels can be set. This file is available in the location like for example tomcat ..webapps\MobileBIService\WEB-INF\conf. There are different log level types: trace_none, trace_debug, trace_path, trace_information and trace_error.
The following table describes the logging level importance in decreasing order of detail:
To set the log level, perform the following steps:
- Open the BO_Trace.ini file for editing.
- Set the required logging level for each unit as above.
Set dedicated folder for server logs
By default, the path to BO_trace file location is accessed from BO_TRACE_CONFIGFILE.
However, It can also be configured in web.xml by specifying a new context parameter “mobi.trace” and specifying the path value “/WEB-INF/conf/BO_Trace.ini”.
- sap_trace_level = trace_none; // Developer log information
- sap_log_level = log_none; // Administrator log information
- size = 10; // Size of log file
- keep = false; // Retain the log file