S/4HANA – Enterprise Management – Order to Cash Notable Simplifications
With introduction of S/4HANA Enterprise Management, SAP brings in another robust solution to complement the digital economy needs of the customers. The user experience is going to be entirely different and no more traditional GUI and here comes Fiori apps and screen personas. Being an order to cash consultant I would like to share some simplifications and changes that Order to Cash Community would see with release 1511.
Here are few notable simplification items for Order to Cash functionality.
- Customer creation will be through Business Partner setup and XD transactions are no more available.
- SD Credit Management is no longer available and now replaced with FSCM Credit Management.
- SD Rebate functionality is taken away and replaced by SAP Settlement Management.
- Sales Order will have additionally document level and group level ATP check.
- New pricing tables and increase in pricing routine field length.
- SAP ECC Transportation module is not part of future strategy of SAP anymore and SAP do not intend to bring any innovation in the module. Instead, suggested to use SAP TM module to support the growing demand of SAP Transportation requirements.
- A big change in billing output determination is introduced and extensive use of BRF+ functionality is suggested.
- Another major change is the introduction of SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting in place of ERP SD Revenue Recognition. Transaction VF42 to VF48 will no longer be in use.
- Advanced order processing introduced with use of Fiori apps where users can make use of order processing cockpit approach and define their own KPI`s.
Order Entry Dashboard / Cockpit:
Keep reading for some more updates in coming weeks.
Hi Sekhar, Well summarized. Thank you. Any idea, whether gTAP is going to be a part of S/4 HANA EM functionality in the next version or not?. What are the benefits of group ATP check when compared to the existing one?. regards, ranga davala
Thanks Sekhar for updating us with latest trends.
Nice interpretation. Most important aspect of the blog is that it reveals OTC side of SAP S/4 HANA. A must read for all SD consultants.
Thanks a lot for product brief.It will help to build up the expectation from the S/4 HANA in SD area.
sap is innovative in its product : Dashboard part is amazing
Thank you for giving us a good insight into the new functionality.
Hi, do you know what SAP Settlement Management is? I can't find any information about this topic.
In ERP there is agency business LO-AB. To my knowledge that's now in s4HANA used as THE settlement solution. And a renaming takes place. In ERP its a good solution for a lot of business scenarios where an "agency" is in the middle of a supplier and a customer (pooled payments, pass-on scenarios etc.). But thats only one business process which can be covered.
For MM, SAP refers to LO-GT-CHB. This is chargeback functionality which I already used once. I believe it can also be used for SD but it is not mentioned anywhere in the S/4 documentation. We have to wait for clarification from SAP.
http://aiokeh.wdf.sap.corp:50000/SAPIKS2/contentShow.sap?IWB_INDUSTRY=S4HANA_OP&TMP_IWB_TASK=PREVIEW2&_CLASS=BCO_COMMON&_LOIO=0AE0B3533EBB823DE10000000A4450E5&_SLOIO=51CDC353B677B44CE10000000A174CB4&RELEASE=1511&LANGUAGE=EN&_SCLASS=XDP_STRUCTHi Jimmy and Jan -
New documentation is getting posted all the time and may not be in the most logical place (or where we might think is most logical). 🙂 Please find a link to the Settlement Mgmt Knowledge Base topic here.
The Settlement Mgmt functionality is available in S/4 HANA On Premise 1511. This replaced the SD and MM rebate settlement processes. However, earlier versions of Settlement Mgmt came about in the Agency Business and Condition Contract Management components.
I hope this helps! If either of you are using TPM that is not replaced. See note 2267377 for a short explanation.
(SAP NA COE)
As Jimmy Belmans, for several days we have been seeking for information concerning Rebates Processing in SD with S/4HANA 1511 OP Edition. We understood, reading the simplification list, that SD Rebate Processing is not available within SAP S/4HANA and that the functional equivalent in SAP S/4HANA is Settlement Management. Our customers (we’re an integrator) fully use extended rebate processing in SD with VBOF, VBOX and other transactions. Where can we find real value added information concerning Settlement Management or Contract Management ? We found nothing, neither on help.sap nor in oss notes, nor on learning hub. Thanks for your help.
PS : for Kellie... note 2267377 isn't released
I found the following informartion regarding Settlement Management
SAP User Assistance:
SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition Feature Scope Description (via SAP Help)
See chapter 188.8.131.52 Settlement Management
Thanks a lot. Good help for us.
Hi, I am trying to implement SD Rebates Agreements in S4 HANA 1511, someone could implement it? could you help me with that?
I read the documents posted here but there aren't useful information.