Omni Channel Intelligence Smart Process Application: An accelerator content to provide visibility on the Order to Cash scenario
Omni Channel Intelligence is a Smart Process Application built using SAP Operational Process Intelligence powered by HANA to provide visibility on the order to cash process running on SAP ECC system. To learn more about SAP Operational Process Intelligence refer to the information available on sap.com.This accelerator content also includes data replication artifacts built using SAP HANA Enterprise Information Management Smart Data Integration (HANA EIM SDI) to bring data from SAP ECC to HANA. The content can be setup on your landscape within a couple of hours thereby drastically reducing the implementation effort in building the solution from scratch. To know more about this, search for “Omni Channel Intelligence” Smart Process application in SAP Content Hub.
As shown in the block diagram, the transactions executed on the ECC system for the Order to cash scenario are transformed as events using SAP HANA EIM SDI and replicated to HANA. The application then consumes the event data to provide visibility on the order to cash scenario.
This solution is packaged with the following artifacts:
- Smart Process Application built using SAP Operational Process Intelligence to provide visibility on the order to cash scenario.
- Data replication artifacts that help bringing data from SAP ECC system to HANA using the flowgraphs modelled with SAP HANA EIM SDI
How can you setup the content in your landscape?
In order to setup the content, you must have
- SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.11 or a higher version
- SAP HANA Enterprise Information Management
- SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) system (version 6.0 or higher) running on ORACLE, DB2 or SAP HANA databases
Once the above prerequisites are met, you can download the Setup guide from SAP Content Hub. This guide provides instructions to perform the following steps that are required to setup the smart process application in your landscape:
- Setting up SAP HANA EIM: Configure the HANA system to enable data replication from SAP ECC system to HANA
- Execute the Pre-installation Script: Prepares your system so that the Smart Process application can be setup on your landscape.
- Import the delivery Units: The following delivery Units have to be imported.
Note: You can download the delivery units archive from here.This archive has to be extracted before you start importing them.
|RETAIL_OMNI_CHANNEL_INTELLIGENCE_SPA||Contains Smart Process Application built using SAP Operational Process Intelligence.|
|OCI_DB2_HANA_REPLICATION_ARTIFACTS.tgz||Contains Flowgraphs modelled using SAP HANA Enterprise Information Management Smart Data Integration to bring data from SAP ECC system running on DB2/HANA database||This delivery Unit should be downloaded if your SAP ECC system is installed on HANA/DB2 database|
|OCI_ORACLE_REPLICATION_ARTIFACTS.tgz||Contains Flowgraphs modelled using SAP HANA Enterprise Information Management Smart Data Integration to bring data from SAP ECC system running on Oracle database||This delivery Unit should be downloaded if your SAP ECC system is installed on Oracle database|
- Execute the Post installation Script: This script triggers data replication from SAP ECC to HANA.
After performing the above steps, you must have the Omni Channel Intelligence application running in your landscape as shown.