Debugging – HANA Scripted Calculation view
This blog is intended for Developers / Modelers who want to learn debugging Hana views and doesn’t have prior experience in working with Hana studio or any eclipse based IDE. Myself I found it very difficult to understand debugging with studio as I was having only experience of debugging ABAP programs, which was pretty much straight forward for me with /h ( F5, F6 F7 🙂 ).
- Once you have logged on to your Hana system, in the systems view find the name of your scripted view under the schema SYS_BIC under procedures. For all scripted views, system will generate a .procedure file under SYS_BIC, your script will be listed along with the package path here. Locate and open the procedure.
- Go to Run -> Debug Configuration -> HANA Stored procedure -> New configuration and select catalog schemas and browse for your Procedure / Scripted View under SYS_BIC
- Name your configuration and click on apply
- Go to Debug perspective
- Set break points by double clicking on the left side of margin as shown below.
- Go to Run->Debug Configurations-> select the configuration created and press Debug
Variable and Breakpoints will be visible on the top right window, where you can right click and get a data preview. Press F8 to continue to next break point,also if you want to debug the same view once again, right click on the configuration and Relaunch it.
Thanks & regards
Deric Pavoo 🙂
Very informative and easy to understand. Keep posting.
Thanks for sharing !
when I tried to debug the procedure from the _SYS_BIC related to the scripted calculation .. it is saying that I can not put the breakpoint.. so can you please let me know the how and what are the privileges to be assigned to my user account
How to add variable to debug screen ?
All variables that you have added to your script will be listed variables section. Please let me know if you are looking at something else.
Thanks & Regards
Nice document and easy to understand. 🙂