Debugging – HANA Scripted Calculation view
This blog is intended for Developers / Modelers who want to learn debugging Hana views and doesn’t have prior experience in working with Hana studio or any eclipse based IDE. Myself I found it very difficult to understand debugging with studio as I was having only experience of debugging ABAP programs, which was pretty much straight forward for me with /h ( F5, F6 F7 🙂 ).
- Once you have logged on to your Hana system, in the systems view find the name of your scripted view under the schema SYS_BIC under procedures. For all scripted views, system will generate a .procedure file under SYS_BIC, your script will be listed along with the package path here. Locate and open the procedure.
- Go to Run -> Debug Configuration -> HANA Stored procedure -> New configuration and select catalog schemas and browse for your Procedure / Scripted View under SYS_BIC
- Name your configuration and click on apply
- Go to Debug perspective
- Set break points by double clicking on the left side of margin as shown below.
- Go to Run->Debug Configurations-> select the configuration created and press Debug
Variable and Breakpoints will be visible on the top right window, where you can right click and get a data preview. Press F8 to continue to next break point,also if you want to debug the same view once again, right click on the configuration and Relaunch it.
Thanks & regards
Deric Pavoo 🙂