Welcome to the Q4 edition of the SAP Portal news blog. The news blog contains information on classical Portal on-premise topics as well as on Cloud experience products as SAP Fiori Cloud Edition. Have fun!
We have news for you in the following topic areas:
- SAP Fiori Cloud Edition – controlled availability for customers
- SAP Fiori Overview Page – a new SAP Fiori experience
- New release of SAP HANA Cloud Portal
- News on SAP Enterprise Portal
- HANA Cloud Portal Developer Challenge – Contributions
- Blogs from the community
SAP Fiori Cloud Edition
SAP Fiori, cloud edition is available for customers as part of a controlled availability program for few weeks already. At SAP TechEd in Barcelona we have announced the availability of SAP Fiori, cloud edition to the market via a press-release. For more information see also the announcement blog. If you would like to experience how SAP is running SAP Fiori Cloud Edition, just navigate to: http://fiorilaunchpad.sap.com.
Watch also this movie showing how SAP IT is running SAP Fiori Cloud Edition:
SAP Fiori Overview Page (OVP) – a new interaction within SAP Fiori UX
The SAP Fiori Overview Page (OVP) enables business users perform their daily tasks quickly and effectively by having all the information they need on a single page. Information is visualized on cards for multiple types of content in an attractive and efficient way. SAP Fiori OVP first release, which is part of SAPUI5 1.32, is available for both to on-premise systems and on HANA Cloud Platform. For more information, visit SAP Fiori Overview Page.
Watch this demo movie on OVP:
New Release of SAP HANA Cloud Portal
At SAP TechEd in Las Vegas we announced the upcoming 1511 major release of SAP HANA Cloud Portal. The new release is a completely redesigned and improved version of SAP HANA Cloud Portal that brings major changes in the product architecture to embrace Fiori technology and concepts (SAP UI5, SAP WebIDE, oDATA etc.), tighter integration with SAP Web IDE for advanced developer flows and new out of the box templates and business solutions.
SAP Enterprise Portal News
New Support Package Stacks for Enterprise Portal on SAP NetWeaver 7.4
To get an overview on the Portal features of SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SPS11/SPS13 (Java stack SP12), have a look at this presentation.
For more (technical) details, check out the following material:
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SPS11:
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SPS13 (Java stack SP12):
- read this blog outlining the features in detail (for example integration of analytical apps, search for factsheets, enhanced personalization etc.)
Watch this movie focusing on the end user features (based on SPS13):
Enterprise Portal on NetWeaver 7.5
SAP NetWeaver 7.5 is the compatible follow-up release of SAP NetWeaver 7.4 and the on-premise foundation for SAP Business Suite (as of Enhancement Package 8 for SAP ERP) and for the on-premise edition of SAP S/4 HANA. For more information, have a look at the SAP NetWeaver 7.5 landing page. Have also a look at this blog and learn about the (planned) highlights of Enterprise Portal running on NetWeaver 7.5.
For more detailed information, check out the release notes. The features of Support Package Stack 01 also contain a plugin for SAP Web IDE, which enables you to deploy any Web IDE app to the Portal and run it with the Ajax framework page and on Fiori launchpad. Watch this movie to get an insight into this new capability:
Developer Challenge: Contributions
The HANA Cloud Portal developer challenge 2015 ended on November 30, 2015. The challenge gave people the chance to demonstrate their developer excellence and leverage the capabilities of the trial developer environment of HANA Cloud Platform and HANA Cloud Portal.
We received the following great contributions and we want to thank all people and teams for their engagement and feedback:
- An alert cockpit for SAP Real Estate
- Tailored apps for SAP HCM
- Analytics for grocery industries in India
- App fetching accounts from C4C
- Fiori app for transport approval process
- Reporting application listing all open customer receivables, sorted by age
- A Customer Call Center Fact Sheet
All participants already received a participation award of developer excellence. All contributions will be reviewed by our Cloud Portal experts from our team. This expert committee will also define the finalists and the winner who will receive additional awards. The final results will be published beginning of January.
Blogs from the Community
Blogs, which are recommended to read:
- SAP Enterprise Portal Integration with Successfactors by Pavan Kumar
- Seamless Document Access with SAP Fiori Launchpad on Enterprise Portal by Sibylle Brehm
- Transitioning Portal Content from Quirks Mode Framework Pages to Standards Mode Framework Pages by Ronny Amran
- Omission of Session Termination Window by Della Brodsky
and watch the video blog How to run the PCD check tool.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
To get regular information on SAP Portal and our Cloud solution offerings, you can also subscribe to our newsletter.