SAP Fiori Launchpad on SAP Enterprise Portal (FLP@EP) New Features (NetWeaver 7.5 SP1)
This blog is for portal end-users and content administrators who would like to learn about the new features developed in the latest Enterprise Portal SP for FLP@EP, their added value, and the required configuration.
These features include the following functionality from NW7.40 SP12 Java stack blog:
- Configurable SAP Fiori Borders for iViews/pages (header and footer bars) with Back button, Related links, dynamic navigation and Save as Tile button
- Enhanced Fiori Framework Page (FFP) configuration for Home Page personalization
- Hide/show groups action in Option Menu
- Search configuration in Tile Catalog and Home page
- FFP extensions: enabling custom plugin to load on SAP Fiori Launchpad opening
- Embedding SAPUI5 apps
and new features such as:
- Configurable iView/Page width
- EP Tile dimension 1X2 (Please refer to SAP Note 2321074 – EP Tile Sizes 2×1 and 2×2 are not Supported
- FFP personalization enhancements:
- Enabling Settings as tile action for editing of EP tile properties in the Home page
- Enabling Filtering by Tags in Tile Catalog
- Enabling Alphabetical sorting of tiles within a category
- Enabling Remove of duplicate tiles
- FFP extension points
- Window feature property for iView/Page, relevant when the navigation target is in a new window.
- SAP Web Dispatcher or any other reverse proxy,which is responsible to dispatch the requests between the ABAP FES and Java server (EP).
- Minimum required SP for ABAP FES server is SAPP_UI750 SP01 component. For additional information please refer to SAP note 2031108. Central maintenance note is 2261419 – Maintenance Strategy for FLP on Portal.
1 Configurable iView/Page Width
The Open in Full Width property specifies whether an iView or page opens in the full width of the screen area or in a narrower width. Administrators can check-in the property:
And in run-time the layout will look as following:
If the property Open in Full Width is not checked, the page looks like this:
2 Tile Personalization
If FFP personalization is enabled by administrators and Enable ‘Settings’ as Tile Action option is checked-in, end-users can change the tiles properties, such as name, subtitle and info text in run-time (the tiles should be representing an iView or page):
In the Settings pop-up an end-user can change the tile title, subtitle and info properties value, and immediately get a preview of the changes:
3 Alphabetical Sorting of Tiles
This FFP configuration option determines whether tiles are sorted alphabetically by title within a category.
4 Remove Duplicate Tiles from Remote Content
This FFP configuration option determines whether only a single tile appears within a category when multiple tiles from remote content exist with identical title, subtitle, and intent.
5 EP Tile Dimensions
Using the Tile Size property for iViews and pages, administrators can specify the dimensions of the tile (1X1, 2X1, 1X2, 2X2) representing an iView or page in the home page and tile catalog. For example:
All possible variants look like this:
6 Filtering by Tags in Tile Catalog
Using FFP configuration option administrators control whether end-users can filter by related terms in the tile catalog:
The terms are maintained in the Tags property for iViews/pages:
7 Window feature property for iView/Page
This property was also downported to the lower Java stack releases, such as NW7.31 SP16,17 and NE7.40 SP12.
8 Fiori Framework Page Extension Points
FFP extension points allow performing actions on FLP events, for example an action on tiles in catalog or home page before rendering.
The customers can extend the standard FLP functionality, with, for example, an additional action in Option menu, a custom action in a footer, etc.
These extensions can be used inside a custom bootstrap plugin in FFP (details).
9 Web IDE Integration
A plugin for SAP Web IDE enables a Web IDE app deployment to Enterprise Portal.
- A user has been subscribed to SAP Web IDE
- The required destination to the SAP Web IDE system is configured in SAP HANA Cloud Platform (details).
To learn more:
- Web IDE deployment video