In the United States, the cliché “Christmas comes early” is often applied to the American Thanksgiving holiday, which occurs each year on the last Thursday of November. However in the case of SAP Predictive Analytics, the development teams (they don’t seem to like being called “elves”…) are in Ireland and France, so things are clockwork-like “business as usual”. That means the delivery of SAP PA 2.4 really *is* an early Christmas present for us all!
We are proud to announce that SAP Predictive Analytics 2.4 has been formally released and is now available on SMP for licensed customers. For those of you who are not already using it, you can download the 30-day trial here.
What’s New in PA 2.4?
You can learn more about everything in SAP Predictive Analytics 2.4 in the What’s New document, but here are some highlights of this release:
Even Bigger, Better Support for Predictive in SAP HANA:
- HANA SPS10: Certified support for SAP HANA SPS10 using both Automated and Expert interfaces as well as the SAP HANA Automated Predictive Library (APL).
- APL Training Delegation: Automated Analytics now supports model training delegation to the SAP HANA Automated Predictive Library (find out more about the APL here: What is the SAP Automated Predictive Library (APL) for SAP HANA? )
- APL Stored Procedures: The APL now comes with SQLScript stored procedures to take care of signature tables, table types, and wrappers – dramatically reducing the time and code required to develop with the APL.
New Predictive Features:
Expert Analytics has been enhanced to include additional native-to-HANA components:
- SAP HANA Demand Forecasting Component: Perform high volume, near real-time processing of algorithms to create sales predictions, future demand, data on price elasticity, natively in HANA.
- SAP HANA Optimization Function Component: Create reusable objective functions with linear constraints to solve complex optimization functions like how to maximize profits on a product.
- SAP HANA Sentiment Analysis Component: Analyze complex streams of text to determine the opinions and influencing factors of discovered entities and transform your unstructured data into easily understandable categories.
Updates and Refinements:
- Updated database support: Automated Analytics now supports IBM PureData System for Analytics 7.1.x.
- Improved installation: Now apply licenses automatically during silent installations.
- Improved support process: Automated Analytics can now generate log files from errors to simplify obtaining support from SAP.
Wanna See More?
Our product management team has also prepared videos to show you more about what’s awesome in PA 2.4:
How To Get Started?
- Download the trial!
- Check out the online materials and tutorials:
- See the high level messaging and use cases of how other customers are using PA at www.sap.com/predictive
- Check out: Official Product Tutorials – SAP Predictive Analytics, SAP Predictive Analysis and SAP InfiniteInsight
- Participate in the SCN Community: SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics
- Learn, ask questions, get answers!
Looking Back on 2015 and Forward to 2016!
This has been a banner year for us on the predictive team. We released *five* versions of SAP Predictive Analytics,
unleashed our Automated Predictive Library for HANA-native predictive workloads, and we put our final touches on SAP HCP predictive services (which will launch early next year).
But we are not resting. Our development team has already started work on the next version within our PA 2.x line and internal development on our next generation SAP Predictive Analytics 3.x platform is ongoing. We “predict” that 2016 will be an even bigger year for us with a new server platform, new cloud capabilities, and of course continuing innovation on the core components that make SAP Predictive Analytics one of the best predictive tools available on the market.
Stay tuned to SCN @ SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics for more news, webinars, and whitepapers. Better yet, sign up for “Email Notifications” on the top right of this page!
SAP Predictive Analytics Newsletter
Finally, don’t forget to sign up for our recently launched newsletter that brings together the most popular articles, blog posts, and tutorials on SAP Predictive Analytics right to your inbox.