SAP HANA SPS 11 What’s New: Application Lifecycle Management – by the SAP HANA Academy
In the upcoming weeks we will be posting new videos to the SAP HANA Academy to show new features and functionality introduced with SAP HANA Support Package Stack (SPS) 11.
The topic of this blog is application lifecycle management.
Integration with SAP HANA cockpit
Although the web version of the SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management (HALM) was already available in the previous version of SAP HANA, it is now also integrated with the generic tool for administration using web technologies, SAP HANA cockpit. Using HANA cockpit as a single home for all management tasks simplifies administration.
As a result, you can now access HALM in a browser using
- SAP HANA cockpit (available from tile catalog) = NEW
- SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench
- Web application URL (http://<host>:80<instance_number>/sap/hana/xs/lm)
- SAP HANA Studio internal/external browser access through context menu: Lifecycle Management > Application Lifecycle Management
Of course, the command line tool hdbalm is also still available.
- SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management (New and Changed) – What’s New in the SAP HANA Platform (Release Notes) – SAP …
- SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management – SAP HANA Administration Guide – SAP Library
- SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management – SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio – SAP Library
- http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Application_Lifecycle_Management_en.pdf (PDF)
Thank you for watching
You can view more free online videos and hands-on use cases to help you answer the What, How and Why questions about SAP HANA and the SAP HANA Cloud Platform on the SAP HANA Academy at youtube.com/saphanaacademy.
Follow us on Twitter @saphanaacademy
Connect with us on LinkedIn