Onboarding without Compromise
Onboarding has been a hot topic of conversation over the last few years, but still most organizations see it as a compliance-related activity – i.e. form completion – for brand new hires. And the majority of people I talk to still see Onboarding as a function of talent acquisition, but unfortunately, it is not that simple. There are very few aspects of the talent management process that are as pervasive as Onboarding – touching recruiting, learning, development, goal planning, and a host of non-talent related functions.
This means that Onboarding is truly a cross-HR process and one that has to take into consideration a multitude of factors from compliance to employee readiness to cultural acclimatization. Having an Onboarding program that can span across regions, countries, and cultures is very complex. When looking at the importance of Onboarding on a global scale, there are numerous complexities, such as:
- Global compliance
- Language and culture
- Moving employees around the globe
- Customized development
Because of this inherent complexity there is often some level of compromise that takes place to cover the 80% rule (80% of effects come from 20% of causes). However, in 2015, our motto we have been living by is “Onboarding without Compromise” and that is why we have focused on solving the challenges of global onboarding. How? We do this with:
- Global language support – available in 46 languages.
- Global compliance forms – in this release we expanded our support for these forms, meaning we offer SAP-managed, compliant out-of-the-box forms in five countries – with more countries on the way – but we also support any global forms in any country around the world.
- Customized hiring manager processes – this means your local manager can set up their employees for success the best way they know how.
- Crossboarding AKA internal mobility – Onboarding isn’t just for new hires but for existing employees that want to move within the company. Streamlined onboarding processes for internal employees, whether they are moving across the hall or becoming an expat and moving to another continent – set up employees for success and help retain your top talent.