Digital Dose – 1000
Below is a collection of #digital tweets from the last 2 weeks – from my perspective the trends, tips and digital news that’s worth a read whether you’re a casual observer or a fellow CDO.
- 6 Nov 2015 Digital does not distinguish between digitized (e.g. scans, transcriptions, recordings) or so-called born-digital materials (websites, emails, and digital photos). Read more to learn how to keep digital archives from disappearing.
- 7 Nov 2015 Our medical records were supposed to join the information age: a single repository with a person’s entire medical history, accessible to all who should see it, safe from those who shouldn’t, easily mined to improve individual care. Why haven’t our medical records entered the digital age? Read more
- 9 Nov 2015 Why are retail stores no longer expanding their “Black Friday” hours? Because only one-third the number of shoppers are thinking of making their way to stores on Thanksgiving. Read more.
- 11 Nov 2015 While a strong customer experience has been shown to produce significant results—more customers, more sales, and more loyalty—many companies still struggle to identify the plan of action that will best achieve them. Read more to learn what a great digital customer experience actually looks like.
- 11 Nov 2015 As with physical hoarding, digital hoarding induces anxiety and a feeling of powerlessness. We can’t delete anything, because it might be useful and decision paralysis consumes us. Read about the emerging cure for ‘Digital Hoarding’.
- 13 Nov 2015 Seven signs of corporate innovation culture: hiring the best, trusting, embracing risk, accepting failures, moving fast, experimenting with new ideas, iterating, assimilating fast, and celebrating success. Read more.
- 14 Nov 2015 The new world of digital music – In desperation, the recording industry has begun to turn its attention to hi-res, which has been around for a while, and the audio industry is now making less esoteric equipment on which to play it. Europe and Asia, however, remain far ahead of the U.S. Read more.
- 14 Nov 2015 How does digital disruption affect the degree of competitiveness more broadly, across companies and industries – including Strategy? Customers? Innovation? Take a closer look at here.
- 15 Nov 2015 Mobile payments are growing in popularity and the number of U.S. users is expected to rise to 23.2 million in 2015 from 16.4 million users in 2013. Will digital money soon make the world go round? Read more.
- 16 Nov 2015 Kroger is rolling out a high tech way to grocery shop – digital price tags. Find out more about the Digital Supermarket.
- 17 Nov 2015 Mortgage customer satisfaction is better thanks to a heightened focus from lenders on developing functional digital channels and improving operational efficiency. Here’s proof digital mortgages are the future of lending.
- 18 Nov 2015 A new SSI study on today’s digital citizen reveals distinct differences in how generations live their lives in a digital world and the impact of these changes on the consumer path to purchase. The study reports on three distinct digital generations.
- 19 Nov 2015 Smart Ltd. announced its plans to take its prototype Selfie Mirror to the open crowdfunding market in an effort to release what it is proclaiming to be the world’s first smart mirror. Read more.
- 20 Nov 2015 Ever wonder how much water you drank today? Mark One, a San Francisco-based startup, has created a sensor-loaded bottle that can track your hydration. The goal is to help you stay healthy by combining data about how much you drink with your weight, height, and fitness. Find out more.
- 21 Nov 2015 The dream across the world, but maybe particularly in the D5 – is that eventually all citizens will prefer using digital services to paper ones. Are you ready to become a digital citizen?
- 22 Nov 2015 As Europe’s biggest economy, Germany is rightly worried that digitization is a threat to its industrial leadership. In many cases the successful companies will no longer be the ones that make the best products, but the ones that gather the best data and then offer the best digital services. Learn more.