Publishing SAP BW BEx Queries to SAP HANA Views
This blog describes how to create a query snapshot in SAP BW, which creates a SAP HANA index on that query snapshot.
How to do this?
- Run Transaction RSDDB in the SAP BW system and enter your SAP BW query name and click on Release Query as InfoProvider.
- This launches the index maintenance screen where you select the table and click on Activate and Fill Index. After activating and filling the index is completed, Index Status will appear as green.
- Log on to SAP HANA Studio to import the query as a snapshot that we created in the earlier step.
- Import the SAP NetWeaver BW model by clicking File > Import. On the Import screen, click the SAP HANA Content folder, and choose the Import SAP NetWeaver BW Models option.
- Select the connection and provide a Username and Password to login to the SAP NetWeaver BW system to import an SAP NetWeaver BW model> Click Next.
- Select the Target folder where you want to import SAP NetWeaver BW models by entering the Target Package on the screen.
- Import BW Query “DEMO_QUERY_03” snapshot and click “Next”. Note that imported models will be created as an SAP HANA model (analytic or calculation view) under the Target package sap.bw.
- Once you have imported SAP BW Query as Hana View, you can check newly created SAP Hana View under Content > sap.bw
- Make sure to apply “Analytic” privileges to assign BW analytics roles.
After the import of the query as a snapshot as SAP HANA views, these views can be exposed to SAP BusinessObjects Explorer or SAP Lumira for business users to search and explore on the SAP NetWeaver data.
- Since you are creating snapshot of your SAP BW Queries in SAP HANA database, this means you are using additional Hana memory to save these datasets.
- Furthermore creation of indexing on SAP BW Queries to be scheduled on daily basis to have recent data.