Make Yard Management More Efficient and Profitable with SAP Yard Logistics
On November 20, as part of our transportation & logistics platform, we have launched the first release of SAP Yard Logistics. Yard Logistics enable companies to connect to activity in the yard, on the docks, and at the gates – improving the flow of goods in and out of the facility. It gives companies visibility to the whole process from the time goods arrived in the yard to the time they were unloaded.
SAP Yard Logistics is based on the SAP HANA / Legacy Database and is integrated with the SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM) and SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) applications for a logistics fulfillment platform. The solution helps prioritize shipment arrivals, identify trailer contents, manage yard jockey activity, standardize yard processes, reduce the time needed to allocate vehicles to loads, and avoid unnecessary vehicle movements. Our SAP solution supports mobile users and is integrated with charge calculation and settlement in SAP TM. A graphical layout enables monitoring, visualization of the yard’s actual situation. By an easy to use desktop and mobile UI the business user is supported in deciding and taking immediate actions known as “see and act “.
- Increase visibility of all yard processes
- Improve efficiency for user roles such as dispatchers; truck, train, and vessel drivers; the internal and external workforce; and security
- Provide planning, execution, and settlement functionality in one central system
- Integrate with existing business processes
- Simple-to-adapt yard processes for different means of transports
- Integration with the SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM) and SAP Extended Warehouse Management applications for a logistics fulfillment platform
- Integration with charge calculation and settlement in SAP TM
- Support for mobile users
- Flexible deployment scenarios
- Comprehensive, scalable yard management
- Faster speed of operation with intuitive UIs and mobile access
- Reduced paper-based work
- One central system for all various yards, integrated to existing landscape
For more details please refer to http://help.sap.com/yl or get in contanct with me.
Product Owner SAP Yard Logistics