SAP B1 upgrade from 2007 to 9.1
Here’s how to upgrade your SAPB1 from 2007 to 9.1 (32 bits to 64 bits)
1. Configure test server 1 with SAP2007A, PL.47, SQL2005, Windows2003, 32 bit
Tip/Trap: SQL Server to be: Please make sure to choose collation setting of: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS in place of Latin1_General_CI_AI
2. Backup Company DBs from the server1 (version 2007)
3. Upgrade the server 1 to: SAP881, PL.11, SQL2005, Windows2003, 32 bit
Tip/Trap: Setup Siteuser ID: B1SiteUser and password
Tip/Trap: Learn how to setup License Server from SAP\Service Manager v.s. Server’s Task Manager – SLD
Tip/Trap: Setup DI server with B1siteuser and DBs.
3. Backup DBs from server 1 (version 881p11)
4. Setup Test Server 2 SQL2014, Windows2012R2, 64 bits
5. Install Server 2 with SAP Crystal 2013 and Integration script
Tip/Trap: Some of your Crystal 2008 to be opened and saved as another file.
Tip/Trap: Subreports can’t be opened in SAP B1 9.1 Crystal Viewer
6. Install Server 2 with SAP9.1 p4 (Autorun.exe with Server, Clients, Integration Component), and then upgrade it to SAP9.1p8,
7. SAP Service Manager – License Manager: Import new license key.
8. Run SAP Business One (64 bits or 32 bits) to viewDemo DB only.
Tip: Sign off “EULA”.
Tip: Setup Admin\User – default language for different users as need.
9. Restore 881 Backup DB files into Server 2.
10. Run Upgrade.exe in server 2, to upgrade your company DBs.
Tip/Trap: Configure Security, add 2nd DB server,..etc. or add Site User ID with your Domain/ID in addition to default “b1siteuser” for future login.
11. Reboot your test Server 2.
12. Run SAP Business One (64 bits or 32 bits) to do “software version upgrade” automatically.
Your new version with 64 bits is ready to install your workstations. B1_SHR\,
Tip: Per 32 bit or 64 bit work stations, install B1_SHR\Clientx64\Setup.exe or Client \ Setup.exe
Tip/Trap: The Setup.exe will install SAP Client, DI/API, and Crystal Runtime automatically. (included SQLNativeClient)