Lessons Learned SAP Fiori Implementation on Business Suite (TechEd Presentation)
At lot of people starts implementing the SAP Fiori Launchpad. At the SAP Teched 2015 in Las Vegas and Barcelona I shared my lessons learned implementing SAP Fiori Lauchpad on Business Suite. In this presentation I explained three phases of implementation EasyRun, EasyBuild and EasySetup.
In the EasyRun phase you will answer all the questions for your architecture and will built the business case for SAP Fiori. From our experiences, most customers starts implementing employee related applications like Paystub, Leave Request and Timesheets or manager related approval applications for Purchase Order, Leave Request and Timesheets. As a result you have setup your Fiori Production Landscape, implemented the Fiori Launchpad and have your first standard Fiori application running.
In the EasyBuild phase you will extend existing Fiori Apps or build your own Fiori apps. Triggers of these phase are
- hiding or missing fields and functionality on existing Fiori app,
- theming the look and feel
- missing translations (languages) of existing Fiori app,
- no SAP standard Fiori app functionality available
- missing or different functionality in the backend system,
- integration with non-SAP functionality
- need of additional mobile capabilities
Mostly you first will look if existing Fiori apps will fit your requirements. If this is not the case, you will look if extensions of the Fiori app will fit. If this is also not the case then you will build your own Fiori app. If you build your own Fiori App, you need to keep in mind the 10 golden rules for Best Build Own Freestyle Fiori Apps for Fiori Launchpad, you can find here.
As a result this phase you have setup your Fiori Development Environment including a connection to the WebIDE in the Hana Cloud Platform (HCP). Guidelines for your own Fiori App development, a custom or extended Fiori App running and change the look and feel of your Fiori Launchpad and applications.
In the EasySetup phase I explained the returning questions we get when we implementing Fiori Launchpad at our customers. Most of them ask questions like:
- Can we use email for support
- Can we easy setup for Dynamic Tile Content
- Can we restrict/customize the functionality of the Fiori Launchpad
- Is it possible to get an User/Role specific Fiori Launchpad Configuration
- Can we restricted Tiles by Network and/or a Timeslot
- Can we easy setup the Fiori Logon Page with our own look and feel
- Can we replacement of Logo without using the Theme Designer
- Can we use our own SICF Logoff alias node instead of fixed default
From our experience we developed a solution kit named EasyRun SAP Fiori Launchpad by NL for Business. With this kit, we solved these questions and speedup implementations, improves security and lower maintenance cost.
The presented phases are a good starting point for SAP Customers who wants to start with SAP Fiori. The EasySetup phase will add also additional value for Customer which are already running Fiori Launchpad on the Business Suite.