Migration of HR Data from SAP ERP HCM to SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC)
We do not only offer our Success Factors cloud HCM solution and tell you to go there on your own with your own tools and only when you are there, we care.
No, we do care about how you get there, i.e. how you migrate your data from your on-premise ERP HCM system into the SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) system with our data migration tool offering fully designed, delivered and maintained by SAP. It is part of and delivered with the SAP ERP HCM Add-On PA_SE_IN 100 (software component).
This is the add-on software component for all productized EC / ERP integrations. It is also included in the EC supscription fee.
ERP HCM customers who move to SuccessFactors EC need to migrate their HR data from their ERP HCM system to the EC system. The process of moving all required HR data accurately to EC is an effort that must not be underestimated. In implementation projects, it should be avoided to build custom migration tools since the effort is significantly higher than using our standard tools. In addition, you need to consider that if standard integration interfaces are enhanced, our standard tools are adapted accordingly. This is also important especially in the case of phased go-live implementation projects.
To ease the process of data migration from SAP ERP HCM to Employee Central, SAP offers a standard migration tool for migrating employee master and organizational data from ERP HCM into EC both as initial load as well as delta loads.
This data migraton can serve at the same time as preparation for subsequent regular data integration from EC to ERP downstream systems in which ERP processes are still running, such as e.g. Payroll, Time Mgmt, Financials, Logistics, IDM, GRC, Travel, E&HS, if applicable.
This leads us to our vision of a holistic migration and integration approach:
With our migration tool we want to help our customers to
- minimize the time for the cut over process from ERP HCM to Employee Central as master system of data records & processes
- eliminate coding effort and keep configuration effort as little as possible
- ensure correctness of data mapping for subsequent regular EC to ERP integration
To get a first impression of the tool see the following facts:
- Migration tool is designed for the initial & delta data load into EC to also support a smooth replication process back to ERP HCM
- Both employee master and organizational data, including definable history, supported
- Sample content (predelivered field & value mapping) available for accelerated configuration allowing you to concentrate on project specialties (deviations from standard)
- EC data model and picklist values are imported into ERP for easier field & value mapping
- Web Service-based and CSV file-based data transfer available
- Extensibility features to support custom specialties, e.g. custom data not stored in standard infotypes
- Elaborated Migration handbook structured along the migration project phases available
The migration process looks like this:
To get the complete picture along with guided procedures and most recent innovations, make sure to access and read our migration implementation guide, which walks you through the entire migration process and is always up-to-date with the most current release features.
It includes topics like
- System preparation and configuration of SAP ERP HCM and EC
- EC entities supported for migration
- Communication channel for data migration
- Default customizing / sample templates / preconfigured field and value mapping
- Import data model & picklists from EC
- Define field and value mapping
- Data extraction from ERP HCM
- Data import into EC
- BAdI implementations
- Setting up the middleware
This guide called Migrating Data from SAP ERP to Employee Central can be found along with all other Employee Central user & implementation guides on SAP Service Marketplace under
Products -> Installation & Upgrade Guides (http://service.sap.com/instguides) -> Cloud Solutions from SAP -> Success Factors -> Employee Central -> Migrating Data from SAP ERP to Employee Central.
This guide is also available on the SAP Help Portal: