This system’s system number is “1234567890” but there is a license key for system number “0987654321” in the license key file.
I just wanted to install a new incense in my test system. I deleted the existing ones and tried to install the new one in SLICENSE transaction. The new license came with different system number.
Following error message appeared:
This system’s system number is “<10-digit number>” but there is a license key for system number “<another 10-digit number>” in the license key file.
The reason behind was that “System Number” could not get empty but even after deleting the license it was the same as before.
- I checked the content of license table using
saplikey pf=/sapmnt/<SID>/profile/<instance profile> -show
- I tried to delete it again using
saplikey pf=/sapmnt//profile/<instance profile> -delete “*” “*” “*”
- Tried to empty table buffer via /$TAB in OK-code field
- Tried to empty all buffers via /$SYNC in OK code field
but none of them was successful.
- I had to delete old type of license, following
SLICENSE: License with new installation number cannot be installed – Application Server Infrastructure – SCN Wiki
- Afterwards system number got empty (“System No. Empty“) and I could install the new license normally.
Hope this information will be helpful for you as well.