It’s not Christmas yet … but it is!
Close your eyes for 10 seconds and remember the best present you received for Christmas when you were a kid. What was it?
When I was 10-year-old, I (already) was quite nerdy and receiving my first calculator moved me:
I didn’t know yet about what kind of power my future best friends SIN, COS and TAN would unveil – but for sure having them in front of me made me feel smart.
Not only was that object beautiful (yes, at that time, it was!) – it also had great features, among which my top 3 were:
- The π button. Loved – and still love – the mystery around that number.
- The ON/C and = buttons. Because they had different colors.
- The square root button. I still need a calculator to help me find a square root of numbers different from 4,9 or 16.
Every year, when the SAP SuccessFactors Q4 release is made available on our demo instance, I feel like receiving my TI-30 Galaxy. That mix of novelty, unknown and power is exciting for my nerdy inner child 🙂
So – for if you’ve not watched it yet: what’s in the box?
Here are my favorite 3 functionalities – quite related to learning which is my favorite area as a former software instructor:
- Mobile learning attendance tracking: how cool is that you don’t need attendance sheets anymore? The instructor can just come scan the learners’ QR codes to track presence. Real time saver.
- New question types for quizzes: validation of learning is key. Some instructional designers mistakenly leave the exam building at the end of the course development process, while it should be done at the beginning, based on the learning objectives. Being able to easily create these tests makes the adoption of the good practice, way easier, resulting in better knowledge transfer. Those of you who have worked with SAP SuccessFactors Learning know that the Quiz Builder is bringing a ton of agility compared to the previous versions. You can use now drag-and-drop and fill-in-the blank.
- SAP Jam Microsoft Office Integration: SAP Jam Q4 2015 is as good as a Saint-Émilion 2005. Great year. Packed with great innovations. For those of you who are – like me – fan of the file sync client, you will be happy with the possibility to see that the desktop features are being each time bigger. Consulting the Jam feed from your PowerPoint presentation can make these deck reviews and training material development so much more enjoyable.
Now my questions for you:
- What is your top 3 for this release? To help you answer, make sure you review the documents made available to customer in the SuccessFactors Community: not only are there the Highlights but also the Details documents.
- Optional question 1: what was that favorite Christmas present you remembered?
- Optional question 2: just out of curiosity – how many π decimals were you able to tell? I was so proud of the 20+ I had learned and of which I still can tell 18 🙂
Looking forward to reading your comments!
Bonne semaine à tous!