Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to write one more blog on S/4 HANA.
In this blog I would like to describe the components of S/4 HANA and differences with SAP ERP.
See History of SAP S/4 HANA evolution as below.
Architecture of S/4 HANA Vs SAP ERP.
- What is S/4 HANA, is it completely new product of SAP? The answer is NO. S/4 HANA is SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA like R/2 and R/3 with new code line.
- So many of us have in mind that what is future of ABAP programming language. Good news for all ABAPers is that “S/4 HANA is also on ABAP platform only.”
- Another good news for which most of our customers waiting since long time is all SAP non ECC Business applications(EWM,TM,APO..etc) moving back to SAP ERP core(Described in my blog Future Options for SAP Landscape). This means reducing number of servers requirement, middleware requirement.
- S/4 HANA is simplified data model. Reduced data foot print with highly compressed data and less tables. See below Data foot print reduction with S/4 HANA .
- Reduced ¾ of objects from application layer in S/4 HANA compared to ERP .
- Semantic data structure with Core data services and New SAP Fiori UX for any device (mobile, desktop, tablet) is out of box with S/4 HANA.