Week 2 started this Monday, you dont have to download and install any software if you have already done it in Week 1 > system preparation guides
- To get information about different SAP Web IDE templates, go to Tools>Template Library (you can create your own custom template as well)
- Easy way to create a project from existing sample apps : Shop, Approve PO, Manage products
- SAP HANA Cloud connector (HCC) is not the only solution to connect on-premise system to HANA Cloud Platform, but there is also ‘Reverse proxy’ concept but setting it up is not easy as compared to HCC. + few disadvantages: attacks from Internet, not all protocols can be supported
- SAP HANA Cloud connector is available as
- Development version : Available for Mac, Windows, Linux OS
- Productive version : Available for Windows, Linux OS
- While setting up WebIDEUsage properties, make sure to use lower case.
- e.g. genaric OData functionality: odata_gen Odata_gen ODATA_GEN
- Nice explanation on how an existing Fiori app can be extended.
- Interesting talk on Fiori Launchpad, how to register to it
- Prior to deploying apps (from HCP) to SAP Fiori Launchpad, it’s best to create at least one catalog, role and a group in Fiori Configuration Cockpit
- Go to service on SAP HANA Cloud Portal
- create a new site (if not done before) and select Fiori Launchpad
- Click manage catalog > click on ‘+’ , provide some name
- Navigate to Roles , click on ‘+’ , select ‘Everyone’
- Come back to FLP admin cockpit home page, click on Manage Tile Groups
- You can create a new one and assign tile group to catalogs to enable role-based access
- Nice tour of SAP HANA Cloud portal
- How easy it is to assign an deployed app (from HCP) to FLP from ‘create app site’
- Manage Assignments is now “Manage Catalogs” on Fiori Configuration Cockpit. Reference
- SAP Fiori launchpad object called the category, has now been incorporated into the Catalog object
- SAP HANA Cloud connector doesnt work with Java 1.8. You should have either 1.6 or 1.7
- Should explore Fiori App reference library for any key information for any app: Installation (Front-end components, Back-end components), configuration, extension.
- Creating a project from existing template, you see an error message saying: The flow cannot be continued due to incorrect wizard configurations . Add ?settings=ignore at the end of web ide url and relaunch.
You can ask your queries in discussion section of this course.
For more info,follow
SMP and HCPms: SMP Developer Center
SAP Web IDE, SAP HAT : SAPUI5 Developer Center
SAP HCP : SAP HANA Cloud Platform Developer Center
SAP HANA Cloud portal: SAP HANA Cloud Portal