SAP NetWeaver is the technology platform and foundation for the SAP Business Suite and the SAP NetWeaver hubs such as SAP Enterprise Portal, SAP Business Warehouse and SAP Process Orchestration. For more information, have a look at the SAP NetWeaver 7.5 landing page.
These are the top 4 highlights of SAP Enterprise Portal – based on SAP NetWeaver 7.5 – which are planned to be available:
1. SAP Enterprise Portal UX renovation according to SAP Fiori UX paradigm:
- SAP Fiori as the leading SAP Portal UX, also aligned with S/4 support and UX strategy for UI clients
- Step-by-step enhancements according to SAP Fiori 2.0 UX paradigm (Fiori Overview Page, notifications and more)
2. S/4 HANA integration by supporting S/4 HANA content (analytical apps, factsheets) using remote catalogs feature.
(click on image for better reading)
3. SAP Web IDE deployment plugin into SAP Enterprise Portal, enabling developers to create and deploy Fiori-like apps to the Portal.
4. Lean and simplified Portal
- New Fiori SCA, allowing an easy and lean upgrade of Portal in the context of Fiori scenarios.
- Deprecation of duplicated or non-used tools and functionality as part of a simplification project (for example the UI Theme Designer replacing the Theme Editor).
For more information, see note 2204286
Note: most of these features and highlights will not be available on SAP NetWeaver 7.4 or 7.31. Only SAP NetWeaver 7.5 will provide the latest features and innovations as for example a new visual UI design, based on SAP Fiori 2.0, the integration of S/4 HANA content and a lean and simplified Portal including the new Fiori SCA. SAP NetWeaver 7.5 will also be based on the latest Java version (Java 8).
Recommendation for customers: customers, who are still on EP 7.0 and plan an upgrade, are recommended to upgrade to SAP NetWeaver 7.5. Customers, who are already on SAP NetWeaver 7.4 or 7.31, can still remain there for a while and do not need to upgrade right away, they should however think about an upgrade strategy.
Recommended blogs which you should read in addition:
- Read this blog and learn about differences between Portal on NetWeaver 7.5 and 7.4 and our recommendations for an upgrade strategy.
- What you should know on SAP Enterprise Portal on SAP NetWeaver 7.5
Watch also this demo movie: