There’s no better place in Europe to get your hands on SAP’s cutting-edge solutions than at the premier technology education event, SAP TechEd (#SAPtd) in the Fira de Barcelona next week. Users can learn from the experts in a practical setting, improving their abilities to:
|IBM’s David Fish and Purdue University’s Rachel Crouch sneak a laugh into their presentation of a family nutrition app at DemoJam in Las Vegas last month.|
- Build next-generation applications with SAP HANA
- Simplify the user and developer experience
- Streamline and secure cloud and hybrid deployments
- Optimize big data with predictive, visually-rich analytics
- Expand awareness and agility with the Internet of Things (IoT)
More than a place to learn from the experts, SAP TechEd is also an unparalleled opportunity to connect with technology leaders; exchange ideas and techniques with peers; and meet SAP partners who support SAP customers.
Cramming 18 Weeks into 3 Days
In just three days, SAP TechEd will offer 18 weeks’ worth of technical training and education, as Sarah Dolan noted in her 10 reasons to go to Barcelona post. And full conference attendees can take part in expert-led training sessions on live systems.
TechEd begins Tuesday morning with Steve Lucas’ keynote address, which will surely be different than his “dangerous babies” keynote from Las Vegas. And on Wednesday, Björn Goerke will deliver his own keynote, as he did last year in Berlin.
The show floor will Run Simple, with all of the technology showcases in one place — including Digital Farming. And the layout is organized into four zones:
- Build: Get hands-on with code, devices, toys and tools — with SAP developers and designers standing by to help. The Developer Garage will be there for all three days. For more information, check out the Build Zone video below.
- Learn: Continue your technical education in relaxing environment featuring product roadmaps, networking sessions and more.
- Explore: Discover the value of the SAP ecosystem from the SAP partners and user groups that rely on these technologies, services and programs to maintain their competitive edge.
- Hang Out: Learn more about the user experience (UX), recharge your devices or get a coffee at the Fiori Café while you watch a discussion at the Live Studio.
The Fun Begins with Competition
Why wait until Tuesday to start TechEd? The annual InnoJam hackathon begins on Saturday. Participants have only until Monday to develop a way to improve the efficiency of energy generation, sharing and usage for the oil, gas and electricity industries.
Also on Monday is the DataGenius Viz-a-thon, which challenges participants to help charities make better use of their datasets with the help of SAP Lumira. Unlike the DataGenius event in Las Vegas, competitors in Barcelona will be assisting Sustainable Amazonia Foundation (FAS), whose goals include ending deforestation and promoting environmental awareness.
Oh, there will be pizza and beer. Plus everyone who participates gets a limited edition Data Genius t-shirt.
|DemoJam contenders laugh during a rival’s presentation at the ultimate — though lighthearted — developer competition in Las Vegas last month.|
Barcelona won’t have a Fun Run like Las Vegas, but TechEd attendees can watch the top six InnoJam teams square off against each other in Tuesday night’s DemoJam. Just like the ultimate developer competition in Las Vegas, all of the teams will compete with apps they built in less than two days.
The Fun Continues with Dirty Hands and A Huge Party
An easy way to start getting your hands dirty with SAP technology is with TechEd’s conference materials, which will be available on a special instance of SAP Mobile Documents. Attendees can use the secure file sharing tool to access presentations, exercises and more on their iOS and Android devices.
And TechEd turns into an all-out party on Wednesday with Celebration Night, four hours of food, drinks and entertainment spanning four of Barcelona’s best beachside clubs. Take in the city’s nightlife with musicians, DJs and dancers — and even jugglers and magicians.
Note that many of the links above feature my coverage of this year’s TechEd in Las Vegas, as well as previous years’ TechEd events. Stay tuned for my coverage in Barcelona, which will include:
- SAP Vehicles Network
- Amazon Echo
- IoT Lab
- Developer Garage
More From SAP Business Trends: