It’s just one more week to SAP Tech Ed Barcelona, and to continue the momentum that was set in Las Vegas, we can’t wait to bring to you more of SAP’s newest solution: SAP HANA Vora, as well as others.
SAP HANA Vora
SAP HANA Vora is an in-memory query engine that leverages, and extends, the Apache Spark execution framework. It allows enriched interactive analytics on Hadoop, allowing enterprises to combine structured enterprise data such as customer data stored in our ERP systems, with contextual data stored in Hadoop that is prevalent especially in our new world of IOT. This allows questions such as “what is the customer churn impact from poor network bandwidth in a certain district?” to be answered much more easily, when users are finally able to combine, crunch and correlate through customer data such as churn with high volumes of sensor data stored in Hadoop.
While Hadoop can store and access these vast amounts of data, it’s still not ideally suited to the fast, drill down nature of today’s business questions – especially so in the Digital Enterprise. What’s needed is to extend real-time querying capabilities into Hadoop, which can today be done using in-memory technologies like Spark and SAP HANA Vora.
With version 1 of SAP HANA Vora, features like hierachies can be created on HDFS data (csv, parquet, orc) and then visualized with preferred BI tools like SAP Lumira. To learn more on HANA Vora and its features, here are some more resources that you can consider in the run up to Tech Ed Barcelona next week.
Visit the HANA Vora team at Tech Ed Barcelona 2015
We will of course be present at Tech Ed in Barcelona this year. Do visit us at Booth SS18 “SAP HANA Vora: A New In-Memory Query Engine”, or join us at the following SAP HANA and HANA Vora talk sessions:
- ST110 SAP HANA Vora: “Why We Developed It and Where We Plan to Go with It“, Dr. Christian Mathis, Wed 11 Nov, 11:30am – 12:30pm
- ST102 SAP HANA Platform: “Making Digital Transformation a Reality“, Irfan Khan, CTO Global Customer Operations, Wed 11 Nov, 10:00am – 11:00am
Test Drive SAP HANA Vora on AWS
For those who would like to try beforehand, the SAP HANA Vora Developer Edition is now available on AWS, and is limited only for non-production scenarios. Interested customers who wish to try their hands on SAP HANA Vora can simply log on to http://hana.sap.com/try.html and follow the links to register themselves.
Jump Directly into SAP HANA Vora
SAP Services is also providing a head start for enterprises looking to jump directly into SAP HANA Vora, and offers two easy steps to get started. First organize a Big Data and IoT Innovation workshop with key users, so experts at SAP can help map business scenarios and align outcomes. Next, customers can plan their roadmap including implementations of SAP HANA Vora into their environment with the help from the team at SAP’s Big Data and IoT Advisory Services. Do visit for more details http://go.sap.com/services.html.
Other Cross Platform Activities at Tech Ed Barcelona 2015 – Going Digital
To make sure you maximize the experience out of Tech Ed beyond just SAP HANA Vora, here are 6 other topics and talks for you to look out for to have a deeper understanding of all the cross-platform topics that will impact the Digital Enterprise:
Visit the following booths
- SS14: SAP Data Management: End-to-End Data Management to learn more on the topic of a holistic data management program for your enterprise, and how that impacts the total cost of ownership
- SS21: SAP S/4HANA: Digital Core to learn how SAP is planning to help its customers embark onto the next phase of digitalization for their businesses, from IoT down to the networked economy
- SS35: SAP hybris as a Service: Cloud-based Microservicesto learn how the future of digital businesses and a full end-to-end chain of commerce can be constructed on demand and provisioned directly in the cloud with hybris
Attend the following sessions
- ST109: The Internet of Things and Its Impact on Corporate IT to learn how IoT developments and projects would impact the IT organization. The impact on IT is an often overlooked topic, and we strong encourage you to listen in to this session presented by Tanja Rückert.
- Tec137: Building a Public Digital Services System Using the SAP HANA Cloud Platform to learn how government services could be fully transformed Digitally using the SAP HANA Cloud Platform, with the example of the city of Cardiff, Wales.
- Sec102: Find the Hackers in Your Landscape with SAP Enterprise Threat Detection to learn how this solution can help leverage the real-time power of the SAP HANA Platform to identify attacks as they are happening.
For those who have not registered, its still not too late. Visit the Tech Ed site today to Register. Lastly, see you at Tech Ed Barcelona 2015!