Welcome to the latest issue of the BI Bulletin, a monthly newsletter keeping you up-to-date on important Business Intelligence initiatives, events, and member offerings. This newsletter features sections that highlight various activities and action items for you to be aware of. We hope this information allows you to take full advantage of your ASUG membership.
Inside this Issue…
- SAP TechEd
- Upcoming Webcasts
- 2016 ASUG Annual Conference
- Your Opportunity to Influence SAP
- Upcoming Events
SAP TechEd Takeaways
If you missed SAP TechEd, be sure to check out the SAP TechEd online recordings at http://events.sap.com/teched/en/home
ASUG had a sold-out SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio pre-conference session. We also thank our ASUG SAP TechEd presenters. The big announcement was SAP’s Cloud for Analytics – you can request an invite to try it in November. We have several upcoming webcasts on Cloud for Analytics, three of which are already scheduled:
- January 12: Intro to Cloud for Analytics
- January 20 Cloud for Administration, including working with BI artifacts (Lumira datasets, universes), collaboration, and sharing
- February 3: SAP Digital Boardroom
See you in September next year when SAP TechEd is September 19-23 in Las Vegas
We invite you to join us for the following upcoming webcasts:
- Nov. 3: Delivering a Global BI Solution: The Reality on the Ground with British American Tobacco (Customer Story)
- Nov. 4: World Premiere of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6
- Nov. 5: Using SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio for Self Service BI
- Nov. 10: Self-Service and Universal Universe Objects at Phoenix Contact (Customer Story)
- Nov. 16: SAP BW 7.5 Powered by SAP HANA: Feature Tour and Road Map
- Nov. 17: Just Go Create a Dashboard – Providing Order to a Beginner’s Chaos (Customer Story)
- Nov. 19: TE ‘s Transformation from BI to Business Analytics Leveraging SAP HANA (Customer Story)
- Nov. 23: What’s New in SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI
- Dec. 1: New Features in Predictive Analytics & Interactive Charting with R, Predictive, and SAP HANA
- Dec. 2: BI4.2: Improved Collaboration Capabilities and Mobile Push Notifications
- Dec. 3: BI4.2: Improved Upgrade Process
- Dec. 7: BI4.2: Improved Migration Process
- Dec. 8: Deploying BI in the Cloud
- Dec. 9: BI4.2: Improvements in Managing the BI Platform
Be the lucky ASUG webcast attendee and win a free book – David McCandless’s Knowledge is Beautiful. Special thanks to our SAP point of contact Ina Felsheim for providing these books. Congratulations to Tracey from General Mills who won the first drawing. Check out our complete list of upcoming webcasts here.
ASUG Annual Conference 2016 – Share your Knowledge
Coming in mid-November/early December – call for presentations for ASUG Annual Conference 2016
Presenting at the ASUG Annual Conference not only helps others connect the dots, but it also brings visibility to your company and demonstrates your thought leadership. Please give thought to presentation subject material such as strategies for leveraging existing SAP solutions to increase ROI, upgrade experiences, development of leading practices, successful reporting and information delivery options, effective integrations with various aspects of the SAP landscape, as well as other topics that will help customers better leverage their investment in SAP technologies. Other benefits include complimentary registration to the event for one (1) primary and one (1) secondary presenter.
Everyone has a story to tell, a lesson learned, a “gotcha”. We hope to see you *speaking* in May in Orlando. The conference will be May 16-19th in Orlando (possible one day pre-conference, still be worked out).
Your Opportunity to Influence SAP
SAP’s Customer Engagement Initiative is now in its third cycle. For more details see Your Opportunity to Influence SAP BI Products – Deadline is Almost 2 Weeks Away – the deadline is November 13th.
Developer Tools Days is December 4th – registration will open soon. https://www.asug.com/events/detail/Developer-Tools-Day-2015
Join us online and follow us on twitter @ASUG_BI