Monthly Highlights from the SAP User Experience Community – Oct 31st
This October I started tweeting new posts on the SAP User Experience Community from my Twitter account. So follow me @estrblankenship to get the latest updates!
(Alternatively, you can click on the “follow this page” button in the SAP User Experience Community itself to get email notifications about the sections of the site you are interested in.)
So, with that out of the way, on to the highlights for October!
- Even without a trained designer at hand, there are things you can do to create a delightful experience for your users and incorporate good design into your software. Find out more in Software Design for Non-Designers by Andrea Anderson.
- After a bit of a summer break, I’m happy to bring you the sixth in my series of interviews with SAP employees in a variety of roles in the area of user experience and design. This time, Meet Tobias, Development Project Expert at SAP.
- Let Balazs Buday share his story of his latest Design Thinking experience with you. Don’t miss this honest and interesting appraisal of an imperfect but remarkable project in 7+1 reasons why I would do it again: the 7 mistakes I as a DT coach and we as a DT team made.
- In Expert vs. End User from a Designer’s Perspective Tim Thianthai talks about a common issue his team faces during their design research − the (mis)understanding of the expert and a typical end user roles.
- Don’t miss: Jason Mayden Talks about Design, Business and His Visit to SAP. Jason Mayden, formerly senior global design director for Jordan Brand, a division of Nike Inc., is now vice president of design for the start-up, Mark One, maker of the Vessyl.
In Design News:
- In How Best to Formulate Business Strategy using Design Thinking? Muhammad Alam discusses how design thinking could be used to tackle strategic issues facing large and small companies.
- SAP opened up this year’s SAP UX Day to external UX professionals – read about the most inspiring speeches and get a glimpse of the open and creative atmosphere of this day in SAP UX Day Germany – Inspiration To Go by Markus Paeuser.
- When SAP Fiori 2.0 won the prestigious Red Dot Award for design excellence, it was truly a dream come true. Find out more in Winning the Red Dot Award: Inspire a Team to do Great Things by Maricel Cabahug.
- At the first SAP Design Talk, designer Jason Mayden (Nike, MarkOne) kicked off the new series with words of wisdom on overcoming obstacles to success. More in my post, Designed to Fly.
- Find out about yet Another opportunity to influence SAP’s future products by Marco Dorn. You can register for a set of 84 different projects until November 13th to get in touch with the teams.
In our Discussion Forum:
- Don’t miss Five Steps to Diversity by Design by Janaki Kumar.
- Are you designing SAP Fiori applications? If so, you might be interested in this lively discussion about Fiori apps which are a cross between smart business apps and transactional apps.
The SAP User Experience Community is a public platform dedicated to design and user experience. Visitors to the site (e.g. customers, partners, even SAP employees, etc.) can go to Community to ask questions, exchange ideas, learn more about design and user experience as well as keep up-to-date on SAP’s user experience (UX) strategy.