1511 – Quick Summary of SALES features
This Blog is like a quick reference to the Sales Features that have been provided with 1511 – based on the Webinar from Product management that you can navigate to from here: The specified item was not found.
You should anyways check the ‘What’s New’ and http://help.sap.com for more details
- Business Partners ->
- Change History for BP
- for Employees, Partners, Partner Contacts, competitors and filters for Who, When, Old and New Value
- Change History OWL available for Admin in the BetaAdmin WoC -> Operations
- Duplicate Check for Competitors
- Instance restrictions in mixed BP Value help -> Eg Value Help of Involved Parties will only list BPs as per the access restrictions applicable
- Change History for BP
- Leads and Opportunities ->
- Reporting on Lead Item is possible now
- Notes History available apart from Notes. Use either one of them – controlled by a scoping question. If set to In Scope, the notes control behaves like a Notes History, else behaves like a Text Edit Control
- Opportunities -> Revenue Scheduling at Header -> Schedule Revenue Checkbox -> Specify Revenue Split Partners. Use Expected value or Negotiated value, monthly quarterly or yearly. The data sources, A2X and Migration Templates have also been enhanced to reflect this
- Opportunity Hierarchy
- Approval Action available within Opportunity TI as well
- On Behalf of can be removed in scoping
- Phone Call now has involved parties
- Workflow Rules and notification rules can be defined for phone calls
- Visits and Appointments – Completed and Cancelled available for both
- Sales Area available for Searching in Appointments
- For Phone calls and Emails, the preceding Lead information is now available for reporting
- Offline -> Involved Parties, Follow-Up Items and Global and Facet level actions available
- In the Accounts TI, new facet called Visits by Sales Area available, with possibility to specify frequency, duration and visiting Information
- Notes also available per Sales area
- Visits belonging to the Sales Area available in this facet above, other visits that don’t belong to any Sales Area visible in the Visits facet of the Account TI
- Visit facet on contacts
- Involved Parties/Other Parties available in the Visits TI – eg Non-Contacts can also attend and other parties in defined roles can attend these
- Reporting -> Can report from Routes now, and also have planned vs completed visits summary
- Contacts and Attendees of a visit can now receive a notification
- Sales Area supported
- Visits generated from that Route will have the same Sales Area information as the route
- Sales Area considered in Advanced search queries
- Visit Proposal -> proposal generated based on Account’s Visit By(date) information. Considers the number of recurrences within a date range based on visit frequency and adds recurring visits to the routes
- Query/Search enhancements -> In the Routes while looking for the accounts, one can search by the territory, also an ‘Owner’s Accounts’ query is available which lists all the Accounts belonging to the Route Owner
- Route Owner’s Schedule flag: in QC and Overview -> Routes can then display the route schedule and honor the existing appointments and visits when visit planning within that route
- Sales Quotes
- QC-> Fast Product entry -> Add products button -> to add All Products, Products from Past orders, from Product Lists and Promotions. Quantities can be adjusted then and there (personalization)
- In QC -> per product, discount can also be maintained
- Notes -> External and Internal Notes are available already at both header and item level. Now these notes can be entered as formatted text. Can be pushed to printing as well and has to be enabled via scoping. Form templates would have to be adapted to switch to the data type formatted text. Available in HTML5 only
- On a touch enabled device, it is now possible to sign directly using the Sign function and sign is also added to the Sales Quote Print form -> scoping question for this
- Date profile configuration for default of ‘Requested Date’ now available for Sales Quotes and Sales Orders as well
- Pricing Date on Sales Quote can be defaulted by Fine Tuning – for each document type you can define the pricing date to default to either Today’s date or Requested Date(header)
- Notifications -> Additional recipients Account Team and Territory Team now available. Also on SO
- Company Settings -> Possible to
- Disable User Personalization features
- Enable Horizontal Scrollbar
- Disable Flags
- Disable Follow
- Disable Go to SAP Store
- Disable Download button
- Disable Favorites
- (Key users will still have access to these in SL UI)
- Possibility to create a SO based on a survey response to a question – valid only for Surveys of Product Types. Quantity proposal can also be linked to the response of a question in the survey
- Product Lists ->
- The product lists defined at the Account Hierarchy level would be available to all the child accounts as well at runtime.
- These product lists can be filtered based upon the sales area of the Account in the Visits and Surveys
- Final products listed on the surveys of the visit will be determined at runtime based upon the products maintained at design time, plus products determined from the relevant product lists
- Questions can be added from the Survey to a glossary which can later be re-used (fetch questions from glossary)
- Possible to Create Target groups from Survey Reports -> From the Business Partner Survey and Visit Survey reports, based upon the responses obtained from the set of accounts -> these accounts can be created as a target group
- Search fields for promotions -> Actual and Planned From and end dates
- Within the Account TI -> Promotions facet -> a new query to show the promotions that are available for the child accounts is available
- Products TI -> GTIN(Global Trade Item Number) Facet -> For diff UoM, GTINs can be added now. Also available as a search criteria in value helps and advanced search
- Rounding values and Threshold values can be maintained for products
- Per Sales Area you can define which Rounding profile should be used
- Sales Orders
- General Enhancements
- SO available for Territory Realignment
- Cross Sell and Upsell like in Quotes
- Pricing Date and Requested Delivery Date in Fine Tuning
- Custom Involved Parties at Order Item Level
- Create order from Opp
- Follow up Activities from an Order
- A2X service/API for SO is available
- oData Read Service
- Enhanced Order Entry
- Past Five Orders information for each Order Item
- Internal Order Support -> With InternalOrder Pricing and approval workflow
- Offline Order Entry
- Addition of products from product Master, product list, past orders and promotions
- Offline validations
- Defaulting of Ship To based on Sold To and vice versa
- Calculation of prices
- Account Block Check
- MOQ check
- Offline Pricing
- Upload prices from third Party system to use in Offline Price Calculation
- Support for Base Price and Customer Specific price at Sales Area level
- Manual discounts and absolute discounts
- General Enhancements
- Territory Management
- Territory Team -> start and end dates of employee assignment. Default is current date to 9999
- Only active assignments are considered when determining members in a sales or service transaction as well as for authorizations
- Delta Upload of Territory Team using excel -> you can specify create or delete as action against each line of the territory team and also start and end dates(optional)
- Change History available
- Territory Header is now extensible, also new facets can be added to Territory TI, and reports can be embedded using Key User Adaptation
- Restrict who can edit Analytical Objects – reports, Key Figures, Data Sources, Relative selections, Key figures
- Reports can be assigned to Sales Units. Only those admin users that are part of the Sales Units can then edit the object
- Custom Fiscal years can be created in Fine Tuning for reporting on these fiscal years -> you can define custom periods, custom quarters
- Additional relative selection for fiscal years are available on dates – eg: Current Fiscal Quarter, current FQ+1, current fiscal yea, etc
- New charts for Dashboards and KPIs like Bullet and Heat Map in HTML5
- Key User Analytics -> Cloud Data Source Template along with its header and sample data can be downloaded
- Analysis Pattern now added to RUI under Analyis WoC
- New dashboards comparing Target vs Pipeline vs Opportunity
- Target Groups
- Contacts without Accounts can be added to Target Groups -> campaigns can be executed for these members
- Employees can be added to Target Groups. Employees can also be added to the Target Groups using export and import of employees. Also supported in migration template. BUT, currently campaign cannot be executed for employees
- Complete address can be viewed in member list as well as query result. Helpful when multiple contacts with the same account are available, and it aims at choosing the right contact based on the address
- You can search and add members based on Marketing Attributes
- Individual customers can also be selected an added to a target group from the IC OWL
- Custom Object Builder
- Auto number generation for Identifiers
- For the Accounts TI only for now, if a Custom Object has a unique relationship with the Account, (Relation to Thing Type Account) then it can be used to generate a tab for the Custom Object within the Account TI(flag ‘Add as tab to Account’)
- For Date fields across C4C, a relative select is available in the Advanced Search- to select by Current/Next/Last Quarter, Month, Week, Year, 30 days, 90 days, 365 days etc
- You can define and publish a query like my Opp -> current Quarter
- Workflow Rule to configure eg: send email on completion of import of Page Layout
- Workflow Rule with conditions for the business Object ‘Content Transfer’ -> eg when Upload status = Complete, send mail to named employee
- Formatted text available in pdf forms
- You can re-orders panes and sections within a facet -> by changing the Row, column posn and span or using drag drop in html5
- Multi Value Code List ->
- Search enabled(OR condition),
- supported in A2X and A2A Apis as well as oData APIs, and in migration as well.
- Can be used in Rule Engines like Territory Rules and
- in Workflows as well.
- Can be defined and transferred using Page Layouts
- Supported in Code List Restrictions -list of allowed values for a code list can be thus specified based on a control field
- Code List
- Multi Value Code list restriction Supported in Code List Restrictions -list of allowed values for a code list can be thus specified based on a control field
- Default values can be specified for specific control field values
- Multiple values that are Comma Separated can be specified in the Advanced Search for text fields like ID and name.
Great summary - thanks, Vinita!!
Perfect Summary! Thanks a lot!!
Good summary !!! thanks.
Thank you Vinita for the useful information!
We are on 1511 and there is no functionality as mentioned above: "Opportunities -> Revenue Scheduling at Header -> Schedule Revenue Checkbox -> Specify Revenue Split Partners. Use Expected value or Negotiated value, monthly quarterly or yearly."
Am I looking in the wrong workcenter as I could not find this in the Sales-->Opportunities workcenter? In the scope I have set split revenue and
Do you want to enable revenue scheduling for opportunities on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis as active.
You would have to enable this field through Adaptation using Key User Tools...
Thanks Vinita, it was a hidden field, I made it visible now.
lol, so sorry I am bombarding you with questions 🙂
The concept behind this is, that if Revenue Scheduling is enabled at the Header, then the Item level scheduling is disabled by default and with a warning, you are told that all splits that you might have maintained at the Item Level would be deleted. To have the Header Rev Scheduling:
-> Make the Checkbox visible via adaptation in the Opp Header
-> In the Revenue Splits tab, you also need to make the Revenue Schedule Section visible(if it doesnt work in HTML5, try with SL)
-> Create the Split Partners
-> For each partner, you can now maintain the distribution - The Expected value is taken by default and dates from the Opp Header. Negotiated value can be used instead
-> Distribution is again Monthly/Quarterly or Yearly
-> % distribution is not supported as of now
-> You can also overwrite the amounts manually - but remember, that the total of all the amounts of the partners should be the same as the header total amount
See below for some details...
Thank you Vinita 🙂
1) Is it possible to have Revenue Schedule without Revenue Split Partners? i.e. I want to distribute revenue over a time period but not split revenue by revenue partner.
2) Can I manually change the revenue amount for the revenue partner or is the amount always copied from the Revenue Schedule?
Hi Wei Ling
Sorry for the late response... saw this really late.. If you're still looking for an answer...
Even without revenue parties, the revenue distribution can be maintained. In this case, the distribution would be assigned to the Opportunity owner by default.
Yes, you can manually change the amount
Sales Order Requested Date is missing in Header and Item Data sources. Does it available for reporting ?
Around product maintenance thing is it possible to compare Two or more products and show the differences ?
I wish to maintain MyProducts (Which will be available for customer to buy) and Competitor products under two different product categories (Restricted for outside sale).
will help in a typical B2B scenario where we have to highlight that Our product is better compared to any other.
Just like SF v/s C4C.