Before installing Solution Manager we must know what is the use of Solution Manager and what we can do with it.
1. It is used for generation keys & downloading support packages.
2. It is used to document user requirements preparing scenarios what needs to be adopted using Solution Manager.
3. It is used for reporting, solution desk, to manage the change requests and used to monitor entire landscape central message processing in the SAP.
4. Display customer data, problem description, priority, attached documents, Service Level Agreements.
5. Assign processor.
6. Send messages to the creator and other processors.
7. Forward messages to other processors or other support units.
8. Create documents and URL’s.
9. Attach documents.
10. Status assignment and monitoring.
11. Create a work list with selection conditions.
Installation steps of Solution Manager in Windows:
1. Windows server.
2. SAP Solution Manager installation files.
3. Enough RAM and Hard Disk memory.
4. Database installed.
SAP SOLMAN Installation Process: (Solution manager 7.1 Support release 1)
The installation process estimate will take around 5 hours to complete depending on your hardware specifications.
1. Double click the sapinst .
2. Select SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Support Release 1.
3. Select Typical and click Next.
4. Browse and select the Kernel and click Next.
5. Enter the SAPSID and Installation Drive and click Next.
6. [Optional] Configure the FQDN for SAP System (It can be configure after installation) and click Next.
7. Enter the Master Password in both fields and click Next.
8. Enter the Database ID (DBSID) created during the database installation and click Next.
9. Browse and select the Installation Export Package and click Next.
10. Browse and Select Other installation export package and click Next.
11. Click Next with all the default settings.
12. Browse and select the Java Component Package and click Next.
13. Ensure the Installation drives are correct and press Next.
14. Click Next to accept the default listener configuration or change the port according to existing firewall policy
15. Browse and select Kernel Package and click Next.
16. Browse and select the Database Client Package and click Next.
17. Select one of SLD DEstibation radio buttons na sclick Next.
18. Enter computer name in Object Server Name text field and click Next.
19. Click Next.
20. Click Yes.
21. Select one of the radio buttons of Choose the SLD destination option and click Next.
22. Verify the selected options and click Next to accept all the settings.
The installation begins…..