Workbook adaptation for cost-driven planning in SAP Commercial Project Management
A project planner is concerned about cost-driven planning. Hence the user wants to see only related key figures such as Quantity and Cost.
One can use the following approaches to achieve this:
- Create a new BW query and replace the standard query in the workbook.
- Adjust the existing query in the workbook.
Please refer to the standard RDS document for information about the first solution approach.
The second solution approach is explained below:
- Launch the standard workbook that you want to adjust.
- Select any cell of crosstab2 (cell A8 in screenshot) and click on Display button in the Analysis tab.
- In the Columns section, select Measures.
- Right-click and filter by member.
- Deselect Revenue and Margin.
- Double-click on a structure element (for example, cell A13 in the screenshot)
- Select cell G21 to view the properties of this query in the display panel.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5.
- Delete the value of cell H21.
- Save the workbook using the instructions in the SAP note 1985150.
The above solution results in the removal of revenue-related key figures from the workbook. However, the standard valuation still performs calculation of both cost and revenue. If you want to perform valuation only for cost, follow the instructions given below.
(Optional) Steps to Adjust Valuation
- Launch transaction SPRO and navigate to the Customizing node SAP Commercial Project Management -> Project Cost and Revenue Planning -> Project Valuation -> Define Valuation Strategies.
- Copy the standard valuation strategy (0STRTG_KP26_MONTHLY) to a new entry (for example, ZSTRTG_KP26_MONTHLY).
- Select the new strategy and click on node Assigned Valuation Method.
- Remove entries 0REV_RATE and 0VAL_FUNC_CALC_REV (sequence 4).
- Assign the new strategy to your plan scenario, in the Customizing path SAP Commercial Project Management -> Project Cost and Revenue -> Define Plan Scenarios.