SAP GUI History not getting saved
SAP GUI History (backspace) for fields is not getting saved.
- – Close all your SAP sessions including your SAP logon pad
- Go to Windows Start > All Programs > SAP Front End > SAP GUI Configuration (1)
- In your GUI Configuration options click on ‘Local Data’ folder (2) and then ‘History’ (3)
- Change history status to ‘OFF’ (4) and click on ‘Apply’ (7)
- Click on history status back to ‘ON’ (5) and click on ‘Apply’ (7)
- Click ‘Clear History’ (6) button and finally click ‘OK ’ (8) to close this window
- Now navigate to C:\users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\SAP GUI\History (9)
- If you do not see AppData folder then you will have to enable show hidden folders in the windows folder option menu (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7)
- Here you will find MDB file which is usually named ‘SAPHistory<username>.mdb (10)
- Delete this file
Now this should take care of the history not getting saved. Reopen SAP GUI and try it out!
Special Thanks to my friend Amritpal Flora
Raj Kumar Reddy