TIPS AND MY EXPERIENCE WITH E_HANAAW142 ABAP FOR HANA
Couple of weeks ago I have successfully passed on SAP Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA with a great score. So, I decided to share how I got prepared and some few tips.
To apply the exam there is a pre-requisite certification on ABAP, so I am going to consider that ABAP it is not a problem.
In order to get prepared not only to this exam but truly understand SAP Hana platform as a developer, we are going to need reading these three books
· SAP HANA An Introduction (SHI)
· ABAP Development For SAP HANA (AFH)
· SAP HANA Administration (SHA)
Bellow I put all the areas and sections that in some way it is relevant to study. Even thou all the topics can be found in just one book; it is mandatory reading the topic in all listed books, because one book goes deeper than the other does, So to have a real 360 point of view, please read all of them.
vSAP HANA BASICS AND TECHNICAL CONCEPTS
Ø CORE COMPONENTS – AFH – 1.1.0 / SHA 1.1.0
Ø HANA CONECTIVITY – AFH – 1.1.3
Ø COLUMN STORE – AFH – 1.2.2 / SHI 1.2.3 / SHA – 8.3.1
Ø COMPRESSION – AFH -1.2.2
Ø ENCODING – AFH – 1.2.2
Ø PARTITIONING – AFH – 1.2.2 / SHA 9.3.0 / SHI – 13.2.8
Ø TEXT-SEARCH – AFH – 9.0.0
Ø DATA PROVISIONING – SHI – 10.0.0
Ø BUSINESS INTELLIGENGE – SHI – 7.0.0
Ø ADVANCED FUNCTION LIBRARY – AFH – 12.0.0
Ø SAP LIST VIEWER (ALV) FOR SAP HANA SAP LIST VIEWER
Ø CURRENCY AND UNIT CONVERSION – AFH 4.2.4 / SHI 1.6.0
v SAP HANA INFORMATION MODELS & DATABASE PROCEDURES
Ø ATRIBUTE VIEW – AFH – 4.1.0 / SHI – 10.3.0 / SHI 11.2.0
Ø ANALYTIC VIEW – AFH – 4.2.0 / SHI – 10.4.0
Ø CALCULATION VIEW – AFH – 4.3.0 / SHI – 10.5.0
Ø DECISION TABLES – AFH – 11.0.0
Ø PROCEDURES – AFH 5.2.0 / AFH 5.3.1 / AFH – 5.3.2
Ø PLAN OPERATORS(POP) – AFH – 5.2.4 / SHI -10.6.0
v IMPLICATIONS OF SAP HANA ON ABAP PROGRAMMING
Ø CODE PUSHDOWN – AFH – 1.5.2
Ø DATABASE AS WHITEBOX AFH – 1.5.3
Ø DATA TYPES – AFH – 3.1.3
Ø NATIVE SQL – AFH – 3.2.4 / AFH – 4.5
Ø TRANSPORT – AFH – 6.2.1
v RUN-TIME ANALYSIS TOOLS
Ø ERRROR ANALYSIS (ST22) – AFH – 7.2.2
Ø SQL TRACE (ST05) – AFH – 7.2.3 / AFH – 7.4.3
Ø ABAP CODE ANALYSIS (SCI) – AFH – 7.3.0
Ø ABAP TEST COCKPIT (ATC) – AFH – 7.3.3
Ø RUNTIME STATISTICS AND TRACE (STAD) – AFH 7.4.0
Ø ABAP TRACE AND PROFILER (SAT) – AFH 7.4.2
Ø SINGLE TRANSACTION ANALYSIS(ST12) – AFH – 7.4.4
Ø EXPLAIN PLAN – AFH 7.4.5 / SHA -15.4.0
Ø PLANVIZ – AFH 7.4.6 / SHA -15.5.0
Ø DBACOCKPIT (DBACOCKPIT) – AFH – 7.5.1 / SHA 4.2.0 / SHI 13.8.0
Ø SQL MONITOR (SQLM) – AFH – 7.5.2
Ø SQL PERFORMANCE OPT. (SWLT) – AFH – 7.6.0
v INTEGRATION OF SAP HANA CODING IN ABAP PROGRAMS
Ø ROBUST PROG – AFH – 14.3.2
Ø PERFORMANCE – AFH – 14.4.0
Ø AMDP – Material complementary not available in the books
§ Refer to [http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51612]
§ Refer to [http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51146]
Ø ADBC – Material complementary not available in the books
§ Refer to [http://zevolving.com/2013/05/abap-database-connectivity-adbc]
§ Refer to [https://scn.sap.com/thread/3551177]
Ø CDS – Material complementary not available in the books
§ Refer to [http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2014/10/10/abap-news-for-740-sp08–abap-core-data-services-cds]
Ø INLINE – AFH – APPENDIX B.1
vSAP DEVELOPMENT TOOLS FOR SAP NETWEAVER
Ø ECLISPE PLATAFORM – AFH – 2.1.0 / SHA 4.1.0
Ø PERSPECTIVES – AFH 2.4.3
· PS: After the topic, there is the book, chapter and section where you can find all the information needed. For example SHI 1.4.3 = (SAP HANA An Introduction (SHI) Chapter one, section 4, item 3)
· When there is no section or item, I recommend you to read the whole chapter or section.
· Not all chapter on these three books are really needed for this exam, so I recommend you to stick to the plan.
· Reading all those topics gives you 95% of all content on the exam.
· Put some extra effort to implement examples of these topics AMDP, CDS and AMDP, since it is not fully available in the books.
· Use and understand all tools on run-time and analysis tool.
· Know how to answer how many replication methods there are, which one is real-time; which one is ETL.
· Understand the difference of all joins types and union too.
· Fully understand code pushdown.
GOOD LUCK! I hope I could help you all.
Congratz Guilherme. Thanks for taking your time to share this valuable post!
I plan to appear for the same and need your guidance.
1) Can you tell me if you had prior experience on A4H?
2) Did you do any hands-on?
3) How many hours a day you studied for the same? How may times you went through the course material.
Thanks in advance.
First, I would like to wish you good luck on the exam process.
1. Yes, prior the exam I had about one year of experience, I am working on a Project of adapting an existing product add-on for running on HANA platform.
2. Yes, on the books there is always an step-by-step, so I did the same in order to learn.
3. Basically I did it on working time, so i guess 8 hour per day. But i had to estimate, i would say that 4 hours a day during couple of weeks its enough to get all the topics.
If you have further question, please let me know !