I love it that a large company like SAP has a focus on community involvement. It is not only a way to give back, but to also rejuvenate your soul! What better way to do that than inspiring our next generation, and getting inspired by them.
On October 22, the SAP Dublin, CA campus hosted 35 from Dublin High School on a program with Junior Achievement. The goal was to share with them the real business world and give the students some guidance on careers as they embark on their college education and professional careers. I personally had the great opportunity to help bring together the event by driving the planning and execution. We were able to deliver a fun and hopefully inspirational day. I was honored to have 15 of my Dublin colleagues join in the organization and fun.
- TX Ho started the day with an amazing introduction where he shared his personal journey as a refugee from Vietnam to his present day world as a leader at SAP, highlighting both the challenges and the ways he succeeded.
- It was my great honor to present a personal branding presentation with my friend Rene Siegel, President of High Tech Connect
- The students also got a tour of key parts of the Dublin campus:
- We showcased the SAP Academy with Simone Shultz and Louisa Morassutti leading a tour and discussion on how our new pre-sales colleagues learn about SAP solutions. They even had a chance to talk by video with one of the associates in China.
- Teeha Harrell from the Mobile Solutions Center set up a “tech museum” showing how equipment and technology have evolved and provided words of wisdom on IT tips and tricks.
- Kim Champion and Tricia Barton highlighted some of the SAP mobile solutions and discussed how mobile applications are developed. The shared demos of the Quiz SAP application and one of the initial SAP Apple Watch applications.
- Lily Wei brought to life the Internet of Things for the students, explaining how a Hydroponic Garden at SAP works.
None of this would have happened without a great team of SAP colleagues working together to make it all come together! Many thanks to Jason Banks, Thomas McManus, Agatha Yeung, Jim Kuo, Prashant Bhartiya, Hamsa Buvaraghan, Warren Davidson, Erik Drinkwater, Marcy Shaffer, Brenda Scott, Lauren Maser, and all our presenters for their hard work, passion, and dedication to make this happen.
A big thanks also to the Dublin High School Junior Achievement students for their energy and interest. They were awesome. Their teacher, Eugene Chou, and the Junior Achievement manager, Todd Halvorson were a pleasure to work with.
TX Ho welcomes the Junior Achievement students
Hearing about the SAP Sales Academy from Simone Shulz
Checking out the Dublin, CA MSC and seeing the Tech Museum with Teeha Harrell
Learning what SAP mobile apps are all about with Tricia Barton and Kim Champion
Understanding why a personal brand is important from Rene Siegel (High Tech Connect) and Peggy Wolf
Dublin High School – Junior Achievement after a successful day! These kids were inspiring!