Objects in ATL file
Ever wanted to know the list of objects in your ATL file before importing?
Custom built VB-Script can do this for you.
1. Select all your ATL files, Right click -> “Send to” and choose “ATL Objectlist Generator”
2. Within seconds, a folder with the name “Logs” will be created and you will get task completion notification.
3. Logs folder will have a CSV file containing the names of objects which were in the ATL files.
Configure your right click menu:
1. Start -> run
2. type shell:sendto and press enter
3. Extract the text file from the attachment, paste it there and rename txt extension to vbs.
And you are ready to use !
You must already know that ATL is just a plain text file containing object definitions.
Object definitions will all start with CREATE command and keywords specific to particular object types.
Script opens ATL files in read-only mode, searches for listed keywords and extracts the object name following the keyword.
|CREATE DATABASE DATASTORE||Datastore|
|CREATE SYSTEM_PROFILE||System Configuration|
|CREATE __BODI_SUBVARSTORE||Substitution parameter|
|CREATE FILE DATASTORE||File|
With the object list generated, deleting the imported objects becomes much more easier.
Optionally you can have a message box displayed if ATL file contains datastore definitions.
No more blind imports,