What do you do with all of the swag that you collect at Tech Ed 2015? Why not turn it into a game?
The buzz at TechEd 2015 is all about Hana Cloud Platform. So we created a game just for the week that features Hana Cloud Platform, Twitter, and Fiori and shows how you can easily use the power of HCP to publish a cloud app featuring 3rd party APIs.
The game is pretty simple:
- Snap pics of vendor swag.
- Creatively post them to Twitter, using hashtags #SAPtd, #TagYourSwag and a category from above.
- Cast votes by retweeting.
- Check the leaderboard at: https://tagyourswag-b2b9d6cc8.dispatcher.us1.hana.ondemand.com/webapp/test/index.html#/SwagPile
- Whoever has the most retweets, wins $100 in chips!
How is the app done?
- The architecture is really important. This pattern utilizing html5 apps with a routed destination to java could produce just about any type of app imaginable.
- Use the Twitter Java API to create a simple JSON / OData service in HCP. Bonus points for using https://olingo.apache.org/
- Route a new destination from your HTML5 app to your Java app.
- Use Web IDE & Fiori to create a simple HTML5 app based on the HCP web service.
And just like that, you have a fully functioning app running on the Hana Cloud Platform!