This document explains how the entered data in Design Studio planning application can be validated.
Unfortunately in Design Studio there is no standard method for data validation. It is not possible also to implement the validation on Data Source (Query) level.
Steps to implement data validation:
1. Define exceptions in the query – this step is optional. The exceptions in the query allow you to use the conditional formatting in Crosstab UI of Design Studio.
2. Add the query as a data source to the application
3. Bind the data source to a CROSSTAB UI
4. Set the property “Conditional formatting visible” of the crosstab to “true” – this setting will color the cells with wrong values, but it won’t stop the saving of the wrong data.
5. The saving of the wrong data can be preventing only by checking the all values one by one.
6 . And in the end – if there is no error, call Save method