We are living in an era of unmatched innovation, where technology is part of almost every aspect of daily life.
People, businesses and things are connected to the Internet and to each other, all the time and in real time. Networking and in-memory computing are enabling entirely new categories of opportunity – if we know how to take advantage and apply innovative thinking to our business.
As technology innovations advance and converge, they will create new opportunities and now is the time to prepare.
This great convergence of business data, insights from consumer, customer and market interactions, shifting shopper behaviors and the speed at which we are required to do business has opened the for consumer products companies to create a new model for the customer experience – one that leverages a 360 degree view of business and the consumer to create memorable moments.
So how do we take advantage of all these potential opportunities? Consumer products companies should start by assessing the implications and opportunities presented by the top technology trends that are shaping the future of our industry. These trends are:
- Hyper-connectivity – the connected planet
- Supercomputing – infinite speeds and feeds
- Cloud computing – unlimited space and collaboration
- A smarter world – technology-driven intelligence and automation
- Cyber-security – building trust and mitigating risk
Individually, each of these trends has implications for parts of the consumer products enterprise. But together they’re creating an entirely new landscape full of opportunities and possibilities. In the next three blogs I’ll take a closer look at each of these trends to assess:
- The opportunity the trend represents for consumer products companies
- How the trend is creating further opportunities by converging with the other trends
- Company examples and lessons we can learn from
Stay tuned; you won’t want miss out on these opportunities. Learn more about Digital Transformation for Consumer Products at Consumer Products. Reimagined for the new economy.