Multiple solutions in one tenant may look attractive at first, but in most cases, it is not a good idea.
What is a solution?
An SDK solution can be seen as an Add On. It is a full package of code, extension fields, screens, services, etc. A solution can be downloaded an uploaded on other tenants that belong to the same customer where the solution got created.
Solutions are independent!
An SDK solution is working in an isolated namespace. It can access core SAP objects, but it can not depend on another solution. Therefore it is impossible to read, write or access content developed in another SDK solution within an SDK solution.
Real world problem with multiple solutions
- You have create a tab “Info” in the Account in Solution A. Now you would like to place a field from Solution B on it => not possible
- You have calculated the opportunity item summary in Solution A. Now you would like to add this information in a print form designed in Solution B => not possible.
- You called a web service in solution A. Now you need some data from the webservice in solution B => not possible
- You created a custom business object in solution A. Now you would like to write a reference to your object in solution B => not possible
- You created some extension fields in solution A. Now you have a MDRO developed in solution B which needs to access these fields => not possible.
We recommend to do all enhancements for one Cloud for Customer installation in a single solution.
If you have two separate development tracks and if you are absolutely sure that no content in one solution will ever need to see, access, read, write, touch, reference or remotely use any content in the other solution now and in future, then you may decide to go with separate solutions.