In this document we will see how we can communicate SAP PI with Dell Boomi.
To send the data from SAP PI to Dell Boomi, I have made use of Atomsphere API. There might be requirement from business to start the flow externally in Dell Boomi. For this purpose, we can make a SOAP API or REST API call. We will see step by step configurations for Executing process in Dell Boomi.
As a first start, make sure the certificate from Dell Boomi is deployed on PI server.
ESR Steps –
1. Import the XSD file to trigger the execute process of Dell Boomi –
Please make a note, this is a synchronous call with Dell Boomi.
2. Create Service Interface for outbound –
3. Create Service Interface for Inbound –
4. Create Message Mapping –>
Please make note, to execute process we need to know Process ID and Atom ID only.
5. Create Operation Mapping –
ID Steps –
1. Sender Communication Channel – For testing purpose I have used SOAP adapter and sending request using SOAP UI
2. Receiver Communication Channel –
Here we are using Atomsphere API so the syntax for Target URL will be –
In case if you want to make a REST Call please follow below URL Syntax –
Now create a ICO objects which are regular steps.
Get the WSDL file from ID and import the same in SOAP UI for testing purpose –
Provide the correct details of Process ID and Atom ID and trigger this message.
One message is sent, it will execute a process whose ID is specified in source message.
Path to see executed flow in Dell Boomi —
Log in to Boomi AtomSphere
Sample Flow in Dell Boomi –
Click on Manage –> Process Reporting –
You will see a screen of executions –
Thanks & Regards,