Integrate SAP PI with Dell Boomi
In this document we will see how we can communicate SAP PI with Dell Boomi.
To send the data from SAP PI to Dell Boomi, I have made use of Atomsphere API. There might be requirement from business to start the flow externally in Dell Boomi. For this purpose, we can make a SOAP API or REST API call. We will see step by step configurations for Executing process in Dell Boomi.
As a first start, make sure the certificate from Dell Boomi is deployed on PI server.
ESR Steps –
1. Import the XSD file to trigger the execute process of Dell Boomi –
Please make a note, this is a synchronous call with Dell Boomi.
2. Create Service Interface for outbound –
3. Create Service Interface for Inbound –
4. Create Message Mapping –>
Please make note, to execute process we need to know Process ID and Atom ID only.
5. Create Operation Mapping –
ID Steps –
1. Sender Communication Channel – For testing purpose I have used SOAP adapter and sending request using SOAP UI
2. Receiver Communication Channel –
Here we are using Atomsphere API so the syntax for Target URL will be –
In case if you want to make a REST Call please follow below URL Syntax –
Now create a ICO objects which are regular steps.
Get the WSDL file from ID and import the same in SOAP UI for testing purpose –
Provide the correct details of Process ID and Atom ID and trigger this message.
One message is sent, it will execute a process whose ID is specified in source message.
Path to see executed flow in Dell Boomi —
Log in to Boomi AtomSphere
Sample Flow in Dell Boomi –
Click on Manage –> Process Reporting –
You will see a screen of executions –
Thanks & Regards,