Integrate SAP PI with Dell Boomi
In this document we will see how we can communicate SAP PI with Dell Boomi.
To send the data from SAP PI to Dell Boomi, I have made use of Atomsphere API. There might be requirement from business to start the flow externally in Dell Boomi. For this purpose, we can make a SOAP API or REST API call. We will see step by step configurations for Executing process in Dell Boomi.
As a first start, make sure the certificate from Dell Boomi is deployed on PI server.
ESR Steps –
1. Import the XSD file to trigger the execute process of Dell Boomi –
Please make a note, this is a synchronous call with Dell Boomi.
2. Create Service Interface for outbound –
3. Create Service Interface for Inbound –
4. Create Message Mapping –>
Please make note, to execute process we need to know Process ID and Atom ID only.
5. Create Operation Mapping –
ID Steps –
1. Sender Communication Channel – For testing purpose I have used SOAP adapter and sending request using SOAP UI
2. Receiver Communication Channel –
Here we are using Atomsphere API so the syntax for Target URL will be –
In case if you want to make a REST Call please follow below URL Syntax –
Now create a ICO objects which are regular steps.
Get the WSDL file from ID and import the same in SOAP UI for testing purpose –
Provide the correct details of Process ID and Atom ID and trigger this message.
One message is sent, it will execute a process whose ID is specified in source message.
Path to see executed flow in Dell Boomi —
Log in to Boomi AtomSphere
Sample Flow in Dell Boomi –
Click on Manage –> Process Reporting –
You will see a screen of executions –
Thanks & Regards,
Nice article. Very helpful information !!!
Nice to see a doc on Dell bhoomi..Very useful doc for mr and for my colleagues in my team..Thanks for sharing this useful doc Rash 🙂
Very nice document and Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing the info. Good Job.
Its good to have a document with interesting explanation on PI and Dell bhoomi . Nice work on this . Please share more docs like this .
Thanks .. 🙂
Thanks for sharing this document.
Thanks a lot for sharing this great document.
After reading this document getting very much interested to know more regarding Dell Bhoomi.
Could you please explain the following as well which will be very helpful to understand as all will not get hands on experience in that without client requirement -
1. When will we go to implement Dell Bhoomi and on premise integration using PI.
2. What is Atmosphere API.
3. What kind of data we generally pass through this . If possible please mention some real time data processing scenario from your experience.
Thanks for reading document and sharing feedback.
1. Dell Boomi is middleware like SAP PI. There might be requirement for the client to have trigger of Flows in Dell Boomi/ Dell Boomi already in landscape and now client is moving to PI
2. Please find below guide to Atomsphere API -
3. As many client use more than 1 middle-wares in their landscapes, one is already existing and other they may take into landscape depending upon their requirement completely
Thanks & Regards,
Thanks Rashmi. Now its more clear to me. Very nice blog indeed.
Please keep posting .
Thanks for sharing! You wrote this post 6 years ago. Today we have a PI/PO middleware integrator.
I have two questions:
Thanks in advance 🙂