Analyze the followings and re-create after moving to HANA if needed.
The first one will be captured while running the BW checklist tool
1. BWA snapshot indexes.
2. Explorer infospaces on top of BWA indexes – if you have Explorer on Blade Negotiate with SAP toward to see if you can get BWA credit toward HANA licenses.
3. Check with your BWA hardware vendor to see what you can do for your existing BWA boxes
4. Check the contracts with the vendor who is providing BWA maintenance
Readjust documents for monthly outages, emergency outages, upgrades, backup-restore, on-call etc to remove BWA steps (and replace with HANA where necessary)
5. Prep your data center if you’re not removing BWA machine(s) immediately
6. Inform your network team since BWA has dedicated network
7. Check your DR/HA procedures
8. Run program RS_BW_POST_MIGRATION after the DB migration to remove BWA metadata
9. When you’re testing HANA make sure all BWA indexes were deleted and BWA machine is unplugged.