11/23 – Added the links for the replays of the Tech Talks in Barcelona
11/2 – Added links for the replays of the Tech Talks in Las Vegas
10/30 – Updated with links to the program in Barcelona
As a relatively new program, the Tech Talks are meant to provide you with insights and updates regarding topics that are trending in the industry. The program was first introduced into SAP TechEd last year with rave reviews from the audience. The objective is to provide developers, architects and IT technologists with an opportunity to learn about hot topics that are not necessarily directly related to SAP but are relevant in the industry today.
This year, we put together a program featuring topics such as micro services, the latest on APIs, Docker, reactive programming, soft skills, and more. Attending these sessions will provide you with:
- A unique opportunity to learn about the latest hot topics in the industry in an interactive way and directly from industry experts. All sessions are 45 min long including time for Q&A.
- Get new industry tips, tricks and techniques. Find out what works, what doesn’t work, what might work tomorrow. Bring your questions and leave with answers.
- A chance to hear and meet industry experts as well as colleagues that share the same interests outside of the SAP world.
- An opportunity for professional development. Make yourself more valuable by being in the know of what is trending and what might impact you, your company, your customers, etc. in the near future.
- Get inspired. Hear about new ideas or learn about new ways to do things. Consider different and new perspectives. Go home energized and full of new ideas.
The Tech Talks include a small amount but very focused number of sessions so make sure to check out the list below and add them to your event’s agenda!
Wednesday, October 21
With Ed Anuff from Apigee
Thursday, October 22
8:00 – 8:45 AM Being Reactive is Good
With Kevin Webber from Typesafe
With Alex Williams from The New Stack
With Jeff Hadfield from Hadfield Jones
With Stormy Peters from Cloud Foundry
3:00 – 3:45 PM The state of hybrid app development
With Ryan Salva from Microsoft
4:00 – 4:45 PM The Wheres and Whyfors of Federated Search – The Best Practice Guide
With Simon Bain from SearchYourCloud
Here is the program for Barcelona – stay tuned for additions and udpates!
Thursday, November 12
With Reza Mehmansefat from Full Control
10:30 – 11:15 AM Containers, Orchestrators, and Microservices Demystified
With Mario Szpuszta from Microsoft
11:30 – 12:15 PM What’s new with Open Source at SAP?
With Thomas Grassl from SAP
2:15 – 3:00 PM The convergence of the Internet of Things and Energy
With Tom Raftery from Redmonk