October 5th – 7th
2015, attended “Best Practices for Consumer Products” conference, below are few
key takeaway points I would like to share.
- Digital economy is inevitable and taking over everything else.
- Innovations around Consumer personalization will be a major
contributor to revenue growth and increasing market share, but that’s just 50%
of the game.
- Remaining share is from personalization with relevant context
- Consumer needs simplicity and waiting for their demands to be
- S/4 HANA surely is providing a platform resolving major challenges,
but agility in adoption brings most of the values.
- Customers wants to invest but in targeted areas and don’t think
they can invest in enterprise level S/4HANA migration.
- There are huge understanding gaps, even in big organizations.
- IT and Business lines were disappearing, now they are merged as
two Gears of a machine, hard to tell which one is driving and which one is accelerating,
with ever interchanging roles.
- Need is for “IT-Savvy Business Leaders” and “Business-Savvy IT
Leaders” in organizations; will help address the Organizational Changes
- There is always a help available around you. So ask for help if
you cannot answer everything, or have a second pair of eyes validate assumptions
- Innovations without strategy is like firing arrows in dark,
start with an assessment and build an agile roadmap.
Fujitsu America Inc.