Developing a sample C4C extension application using SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Part 1).
Companies need to provide exceptional support experience to customers once they have purchased their products/services. A good support experience goes a long way in improving the overall customer experience and customer satisfaction.
SAP Cloud for Customer provides an out-of-the-box support portal – “SAP Cloud for Service – Self-Service Support Portal”. It is an intuitive self-service support site for customers to raise and track service requests and collaborate with service agents to resolve issues quickly. The support portal can also be used for creating branded, customized service sites.
However, companies may need the flexibility to develop their own customized support sites with a custom look and feel (branding / layout). Companies can choose to expose additional information or services from the underlying C4C backend to the end users/customers to suit their support needs. A sample support site developed using the HANA Cloud Platform is shown in the image.
This series describes how the SAP HANA Cloud Platform can be used to build such a customized support site.
- Part1:(This blog)
- Leverage the SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C) OData services that expose service request functionality from the C4C backend.
- Use the rapid application development capabilities (project templates with OData services) of the SAP Web IDE to develop an SAP UI5 application.
- Part 2: Integrate the SAP UI5 application into a Fiori Launchpad site.
- You have signed up for a developer account for SAP HANA Cloud Platform and have your SAP ID or SCN credentials. If not, register for a developer account here.
- You have access to a C4C test tenant which exposes the underlying C4C service request functionality via OData services. The OData services relevant for the service request scenario are accessible at <Your_C4C_tenant_host_name>/sap/byd/odata/v1/servicerequest/
I. Configure connectivity to the Cloud for Customer backend
Launch your SAP HANA Cloud Platform Account Cockpit
From your browser, access the SAP HANA Cloud Platform cockpit for your developer account. Go to https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com/cockpit. Log on with your SAP ID or SCN credentials.
Configure connectivity destinations to the Cloud for Customer backend
SAP HANA Cloud Platform account enables secured connections from your cloud account to C4C backend systems by configuring destinations.
II. Develop the SAPUI5 application for displaying open tickets
Use the Project Templates in SAP Web IDE
Since we have enabled connectivity from our HCP account to the C4C OData services, we can use the SAP Web IDE templates to generate applications that consume data coming from the OData services.
Preview the application
Deploy the application to SAP HANA Cloud Platform
In this part, we will deploy our application to the SAP HANA Cloud Platform and activate the application.