Getting started with SAP Web IDE trial version from registration to running application
- If you don’t have an SCN or SAP Hana trial user, register for a developer account on SAP HANA Cloud Platform:https://hanatrial.ondemand.com
- Log on with your user.
- Forgot your password? -> https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/forgotpassword
Open SAP Web IDE
- In the SAP HANA Cloud cockpit, select Subscriptions.
- Under the Application column, click on the webide link.
- In the Active Version section, click on the Application URL link.
Create a Project from a Sample Application
- From the menu bar, select File > New > Project from Sample Application.
- Select one of the SAP Fiori reference applications, for example Shop and click Next.
- After reading the evaluation license agreement select the I agree checkbox and click Finish. The nw.epm.refapps.ext.shop project is generated in your workspace.
- Click Run to run the project.
- In the Choose file to run dialog, select testFLPService.html and click OK.
The SAP Fiori Launchpad is displayed.
6. Click the Shop tile to open your application.
The application is fully operational, based on mock data.
7. Now you can return to SAP Web IDE and explore the application artifacts to learn the best practices for creating sample app
[ADVANCED] Connect SAP Web IDE to a Remote Back End System
To connect SAP Web IDE to a remote back end system, follow the instructions in the blog below: