Invitation: All You Need is Code Event, Brussels, 12 October 2015
The European Coding Initiative is happy to invite you to the high level All You Need is Code Event in support of the Europe Code Week 2015 (10-18 October).
When: 12 October 2015, 16:30 – 19:00 CEST
Where: Microsoft Centre, 51 rue Montoyer, Brussels
Let’s meet to celebrate coding as an empowering competence, key for maintaining our society vibrant and securing the prosperity of our European digital economy.
We are committed to help enabling our youth to drive today’s fast-paced digital revolution and become active creators of digital contents rather than just consumers. We believe that teaching and learning how to code will play a significant role in this process. For this change to happen, we need to work together and bring coding and programming to all demographics, both in formal and non-formal learning environments: at home, in school, at work, and in the wider community.
At the event, European policy makers, industry and civil society will pledge their support to our common cause, discussing ways to scale and mainstream it further. All the attendees will also be invited to join a Coding Cocktail reception to experience first-hand some of the most innovative and engaging ways to teach and learn how to code.
Please register here.
On the Agenda:
- Roberto Viola, DG Connect Director General
- Sanni Grahn-Laasonen, Finnish Minister of Education and Culture TBC (video message)
- Michał Boni, Member of the European Parliament
- Don Grantham, President of Microsoft Central and Eastern Europe
Panel discussion “European youth as digital consumers or digital creators?”
- Mary Moloney, Global CEO, CoderDojo Foundation
- Alessandro Bogliolo, Europe Code Week Coordinator
- Liam Ryan, Managing Director, SAP Labs Ireland
- Anja Balanskat, European Schoolnet Senior Analyst
Jessica Cecil, BBC “Make it Digital”
Event full programme available online