Linking Down payments with Supplier Invoices
Linking Down payment with Supplier Invoice
In some scenarios where we have made some advanced payments to the suppliers & want to link with the Supplier Invoices we will post further, you can perform this as:
- Create NEW DOWNPAYMENT REQUEST for your Advanced Payment.
- Enter Details like Supplier, Doc ID, Posting Dates, etc.
- Add Line Items & enter description, Tax codes, Amount, G/L accounts, Cost centers, etc.
- Click POST, you will get notification that Down Payment Posted.
- Go to Payables WoC & select Supplier Accounts.
- Find Supplier & click View.
- Select Down Payment & click Pay Manually by Outgoing Check.
- Enter details & POST.
- Now Create New Invoice Without Purchase Order.
- Enter Details like Supplier, Doc ID, Posting dates, etc.
- To add the Down Payment to the Supplier Invoice,
Go to the Payment Information tab –> Down Payments –> Add Row.
- As you click on the Add Row button, you will get a new screen. Search & select your Down Payment here.
- Add Line Item & enter Description, Tax codes, Amount, G/L account, Cost Center, etc.
- Post the invoice.
- Here, you can see that as you linked the Down Payment to the Supplier Invoice, the Invoice get Partially Cleared automatically & you have got a Clearing ID.
- You can see the details by clicking on Clearing ID.
If You have further queries regarding this you can ask me.
SAP BYD FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT
Hi Anant Patel
I have a problem with down payment.
PO : 10 items, 6000 each, total amount: 60000 US dollar,
Down Payment : 60000 US dollar(paid),
Goods and Services Receipts : 5 items,
supplier invoice 5*6000= 30000 US dollar,
When I create supplier invoice , it is linked to the Down payment.
But the Down Payment can not get Partially Cleared automatically in supplier invoice.
I need to go to the Payment Information tab –> Down Payments –>modify the ammount .
Can Down Payment of Byd get Partially Cleared automatically ?