This month, I will start out with the section called “Design News from SAP” because we really do have big news!
- In case you haven’t heard already, SAP Won the Prestigious Red Dot Design Award for the Fiori 2.0 user experience in the design concept category. This really is a BIG deal for us at SAP and we are very proud and honored to have won this award.
- In SAP Fiori 2.0: Seriously Fun Business Application Design, Susan Galer talks to Maricel Cabahug, Senior Vice President of Global Design and User Experience at SAP, who shares her thoughts on winning the prestigious Red Dot Design Award for SAP Fiori 2.0, and how SAP is transforming business application design for the digital economy.
- Are you wondering how to turn good user experience into reality? Register at SAP’s TechEd PreConference Seminar and find out!
- In “New Heroes in Rhine-Neckar” – Kick-Off Event at SAP AppHaus Heidelberg Franziska Reich tells about this interesting competition which officially kicked off in the SAP AppHaus Heidelberg.
- Who’s Behind the Fan Experience? Let Gloria Costa introduce you to the unsung heroes behind ingenious and simple apps that transform the fans to the middle of the field, court, or regatta.
- In her latest post, Tricky Business – How Much Customer Engagement Is Enough?, Ulrike Weissenberger talks about the balancing act of getting the right amount of input from customers.
- In Empowering Teams – The Value of Prototyping, Tay Kim discusses how prototyping is a key element of the Design Thinking process, and also of great value for communication.
- In Design Thinking: Here, There and Everywhere Tina Tuan tells a personal story about using her professional design thinking skills for the benefit of a Chinese nonprofit school where she has been volunteering since 2008.
- Never give up! Design Thinking is all about wild ideas – and this also applies to us as coaches as well: so, if you don’t have a whiteboard to do the clustering, simply take a bus! Read Against All Odds – Designing for Transportation Management in Transit by Christian Knirsch for this interesting story about user research and resourcefulness.
The SAP User Experience Community is a public platform dedicated to design and user experience. Visitors to the site (e.g. customers, partners, even SAP employees, etc.) can go to Community to ask questions, exchange ideas, learn more about design and user experience as well as keep up-to-date on SAP’s user experience (UX) strategy.