This blog explains how to link Amazon Web Services(AWS) account with Cloud Appliance Library(CAL) and create an instance of solution “Intelligent Business Operations: SAP Process Orchestration 7.4 SPS 11 and SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS 09“. As this solution is provided on CAL with AWS as cloud provider, AWS would charge some amount for hosting the instance when an instance is created. Hence linking AWS account with CAL is a pre-requisite step to create an instance on CAL.
If you are first time user of CAL, create a user in CAL before following the below mentioned steps.
Link AWS account to CAL:
- Login to AWS . Create an account if you are a new user.
- Go to “Security Credentials” and note down “Access Key” and “Secure Access Key”.
- Logoff from AWS.
- Log in to CAL. Go to “ACCOUNTS” and click on “Create Account”.
- A wizard for creating an account pops up. Provide a “Name” and “Description” of the account. Click “Next”.
- Select “Amazon Web Services” from “Cloud Provider” drop down. Click “Next”.
- Provide the “Access Key” and “Secret Access Key” (from point 2) . Click “Next”.
- Your username will be added to “Account Users”. Click “Next”. If you want to add any user to this account, you can search for the user and add him as a user/owner.
- Verify the details and click”Finish”.
- CAL account is now linked with AWS account.
Create an instance:
- Go to “SOLUTIONS” tab.
- Search for “Intelligent Business Operations”. This will show a solution with name “Intelligent Business Operations: SAP Process Orchestration 7.4 SPS 11 and SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS 09“
- Click “Try Now” against the solution.
- Click “Activate” against the solution.
- Click “Create Instance” against the solution. This will popup create instance wizard. Follow the wizard to start an instance.