How to link Amazon Web Services (AWS) account with Cloud Appliance Library
This blog explains how to link Amazon Web Services(AWS) account with Cloud Appliance Library(CAL) and create an instance of solution “Intelligent Business Operations: SAP Process Orchestration 7.4 SPS 11 and SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS 09“. As this solution is provided on CAL with AWS as cloud provider, AWS would charge some amount for hosting the instance when an instance is created. Hence linking AWS account with CAL is a pre-requisite step to create an instance on CAL.
If you are first time user of CAL, create a user in CAL before following the below mentioned steps.
Link AWS account to CAL:
- Login to AWS . Create an account if you are a new user.
- Go to “Security Credentials” and note down “Access Key” and “Secure Access Key”.
- Logoff from AWS.
- Log in to CAL. Go to “ACCOUNTS” and click on “Create Account”.
- A wizard for creating an account pops up. Provide a “Name” and “Description” of the account. Click “Next”.
- Select “Amazon Web Services” from “Cloud Provider” drop down. Click “Next”.
- Provide the “Access Key” and “Secret Access Key” (from point 2) . Click “Next”.
- Your username will be added to “Account Users”. Click “Next”. If you want to add any user to this account, you can search for the user and add him as a user/owner.
- Verify the details and click”Finish”.
- CAL account is now linked with AWS account.
Create an instance:
- Go to “SOLUTIONS” tab.
- Search for “Intelligent Business Operations”. This will show a solution with name “Intelligent Business Operations: SAP Process Orchestration 7.4 SPS 11 and SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS 09“
- Click “Try Now” against the solution.
- Click “Activate” against the solution.
- Click “Create Instance” against the solution. This will popup create instance wizard. Follow the wizard to start an instance.
thank you for the detailled explaination.
I have set up the above mentioned scenario in conjunction with AWS.
I have the impression, that I am almost there but I am not able to get it up an running.
I am able to connect to the SAP Netweaver Logonscreen and to the FIORI (SAP HANA) logonscreen, but not able to retrieve the passwords, neither from the IP-Adresses section in the detailled properties on the left nor with the aid of the remote desktop, since I am not able to connect.
Can you help me out?
Thank you and Cheers,
The password would be the master password which you have provided while creating an instance.
Hope this helps!
thank you for the hint.
I have tried the master password but was not really successful.
I am seeing these two screens:
I have tried different users...my S-User, which created the image in the CAL, the SAPJ4HDB, which is mentioned in the documentation but no success.
Can you please give me some more detail?
Thank you and regards,
NWA: Administrator/<master password>
Operational Process Intelligence:
Did you already try these combinations?
We require help on SAP Operational Process Intelligence. We would require support from SAP to know more about it. Can i know if anyone provides training from SAP on the same.
Hello Abhinag Palvadi and all of u,
thank you for the great instructions, I have installed SAP Process Orchestration on AWS and can now use almost everything, unfortunately I have a problem and hope that you can help me.
My problem is that I always get an error message when I click on the Repository on a channel, otherwise everything else works
Thank you in advance for your help