Migrate to SAP Simple Finance. The Opportunity Next door!!
With all the buzz around SAP Simple Finance , I decided to enroll for a course with SAP . I thought this blog would give some insights into what I feel about the product today.
My first thought was around the name – Why “Simple” Finance ?
SAP coined the word “Simple” due to the following reasons :
1. As businesses try to map complex scenario’s in SAP utilizing the legacy architecture principles ,managing silo’s of data spread across the landscape and solution’s implemented by companies have also become complicated.
2. Sequentially scheduling lots of Batch Processing jobs tend to delay achieving the end objective.
Hence SAP decided to build their next generation ERP system that could provide “Instant Insight -to-action based on real-time information” which will become the need for a connected enterprise.
How is SAP re-imagining “Simple” architecture ?
SAP is leveraging on 3 things:
1. HANA architecture as the underlying platform by merging OLAP &OLTP
2. Simplification of Application and Underlying DATA Model. Hence no aggregate tables & no indices . Higher Throughput and reduced data footprint.
3. User Experience is a key focus which means similar experience across the paradigm.
What is Value generated on Investment ?
Investment in Simple Finance should be visualized as an opportunity to upgrade technically rather than functionally. It allows you to do so with least disruption to existing processes, and allow building future investment in SAP on the newer platform. (e.g. In generic terms , it is like upgrading from an Audi to a Ferrari and in either case both get the job done. But to compete you would recommend a Ferrari)
Is the solution ready and stable ?
I would say that the idea is ready and Transformative . As of now there are constraints. We will discuss this in detail in my future blogs.