How to search SAP ASE documentation on the SAP Help Portal
This post explains how to perform a keyword search on the SAP Help Portal. As an example, I am searching for the SAP ASE 16.0 SP02 documentation for “create database”.
Note that the documentation published on the Sybase InfoCenter is no longer supported. Starting in April 2014, SAP ASE user documentation is published only on the SAP Help Portal. For example, most up-to-date SAP ASE 16.0 documentation is available on the SAP Help Portal.
1. On the SAP Help Portal page http://help.sap.com, locate the search bar at the top of the page (in case you, like me, miss the one in the center 🙂)
2. Enter a search term and click on the search icon
You can use the following operators:
Find pages that contain an exact word or phrase.
The maximum length of a query is limited to 50 characters (including spaces). Longer queries are truncated.
|AND||Find pages containing more than one phrase.|
|OR||Find pages that might use one of several phrases.|
|–||When you use a dash before a word, it excludes pages with that word from your results|
|*||Add an asterisk as a placeholder for one or more characters. An asterisk cannot be used to replace an entire word.|
|?||Add a question mark as a placeholder for a single character.|
3. Under Solution Suite, click on Platform/Technology
4. Under Solution, click on SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (SAP ASE)
5. Under Version, click on 16.0 SP2
If you make a mistake, you can undo the filtering by clicking on “x” next to a filter name.
6. If your search, like mine, returns 214 results, you may have to click on a few links before finding the information that you’re looking for.
If you need to go back to the links that you have previously explored in the search session, click on the links on the 16.0 SP02 bar.
Or you can click on “x” to close any unnecessary pages.