GDS Custom attributes and usage in PI
SAP GDS comes with standard SAP Pre defined data model for MDM product repository. Based on the Business needs we can always extend the data model by adding a custom field/attributes in GDS repository. Creation and Maintenance of GDS Custom Fields are defined in the SAP Note #1375813 How to extend GDS repository with custom fields..
Types of Custom Elements in PI Relevance to GDS:
Below are the elements available in the MT_Tradeitems data type as standard GDS PI content, if any GDS custom attributes are created below elements should be used in PI mapping to send the value to GDS.
The elements are accessible under /ns0:MT_TradeItems/Payload/Item/TargetMarketData/CustomFields.
- CustomGenericElement –
- GDS attributes will be created directly under the table TMData>Z_<customName> in console.
- These custom attributes are used to handle multi language fields in GDS qualifier tables. Make sure to map the fields Key and value in PI. Key value mapping should be maintained in GDS.
- if you want to maintain lookup value details this attribute will be helpful. Make sure to maintain the reference path in PI mapping. Reference path should related to GDS qualifier look up table. Key value mapping should be maintained in GDS.
- This attribute is used to maintain tuple fields in GDS.
Each custom elements will have the following attributes – below attributes should be mapped/harcoded in PI mapping as the exact name(technical name) in GDS.
- Reference path – Table name should be identified/Mapped in PI by ^ and field names should be differentiate by ~
If key value mapping is not maintained in GDS , the inbound message will ends with warning in GDS process logs. you can reprocess after maintained in GDS.
if reference path and table details are not mapped correctly in PI then the message will fail in GDS.
For GDS outbound – Trade items export mapping should be customized as explained in the Note #1375813. Always refer 1 sync guide for mapping the flex attributes – attr, attrmany,attrgroupMany etc..
Please feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments!!
Follow me on Google+